Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2015, 01:59 PM   #1
Stvchurch
Established Member

M.O.C. #17199
2015 350qbq questions

Hello everyone.

I am about to pick up our first Monty in the next couple weeks and I have a couple quick questions.

First...has anyone put a washer/dryer in it? Measuring looks like it's a bit short for stackables, but the dryer vent is on the passenger side, and so is the washer prep. Strange set up, just trying to figure out if anyone else has been able to do anything but a combo unit? Really don't want a combo if we can avoid it.

Second, because of the length, it looks (to me anyway) like it might have a clearance issue backing up my drive. Won't know for sure till I get here, but has anyone put on bogey wheels? Wondering if it's as worth it as I think it might be.

Thanks for any help!

Steve

Stvchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:38 PM   #2
clarkandsheila
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7994
We have provision for a washer/drier although do not have one, nor want one.
I have never seen separates even in the motorhomes I've been in. Maybe somewhere as we have not been in many over the last few years.

I think your choice is a combo unit or a combo unit.
clarkandsheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:52 AM   #3
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
We went with the 3402RL 2014 model specifically because it supported an apartment size stackable W/D. My wife would not be camping if we didn't have a W/D. In our previous MH without one, she spent all her time at Laundry mats while the kids and I played. Also campgrounds at the beach or lakes tended to have sandy and dirty washers and dryers due to all the tent campers/pop-up campers.

Now we just put in a small load every other day and keep up without a burden to anyone.
jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:46 AM   #4
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
We had a combo unit in our 3900FB and stackables in our 382RL. Which ever you have, you will get used to it. If you must go with the combo, be sure to get the VENTED unit. The unvented ones are horrid. We full-time and wouldn't be without the washer/dryer.
Virginia Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:35 PM   #5
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Virginia Young

...be sure to get the VENTED unit. The unvented ones are horrid...
They are all vented, what I think she means is vented outside, not inside.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:11 PM   #6
tracyclifton
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11859
We have the Splendide combo in ours. We love having it and if you just do a small load once a day you can pretty much keep up with the dirty clothes. Expect it to shake the trailer when it goes into high spin to some degree. The best thing is to be able to dry your towels as you use them and store them dry instead of having wet towels hanging around all day. As far as wheels on the back, I scraped the rear of mine leaving the storage area the first time. My old rig never had a problem, but the Montana did. So, I went to Northern Tool and bought the heaviest set of casters they had. I fabricated some mounting plates and bolted them to the rear of the frame just in front of where the bumper is welded on. Its been 3.5 years and I don't know how much they have hit the ground but they haven't been damaged and I haven't scraped the rear bumper on the pavement again.
tracyclifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:27 PM   #7
Stvchurch
Established Member

M.O.C. #17199
Good info everyone. I actually ordered the Splendide Ariston side by side units this morning. They should be in when I pick it up tomorrow. We wanted separate units mostly so we can keep 2 loads going at a time. With the two crumb snatchers around I think it will pay off. If it was just 2 of us then the combo would have done nicely I think. Anyway...I'll drop an update once we've used them a bit.

I'm going to find out about the rollers one way or the other tomorrow...glad to here it works though. I think that's a good backup plan, I'm just hoping I can get it up my driveway tomorrow. We shall see!

Thanks again everyone!
Stvchurch is offline   Reply With Quote