Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2014, 05:40 AM   #1
Doberman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10587
Lippert Level Up Installation

I had posted a few months back about having the Lippert Level Up installed and several people asked that I post my thoughts about it after it was completed.

I had the system installed yesterday at http://www.boonvillervservicecenter.com/. I am 110% satisfied with the system and, more importantly, the installer. I traveled up the night before and they had hookup available at their shop. That allowed me to be there early and ready for them to get started. They offered for me to stay another night but due to storms in the area, we headed back home. (They offered me to stay INSIDE their shop out of the storm if we wanted to.) We pulled out of their driveway at 5:30pm. Other installation locations stated it would take 2 full days. This shop was done in less than 8 hours and several hundred dollars cheaper. It was obvious they do this type of work often and know the system inside and out.

After getting home, I left the RV hooked to the truck since we were tired from traveling but I was out early this morning "playing" with the Level Up. They fully demonstrated the system yesterday and watched over me as I did it the first time. It is really a very easy system to operate. Now I can throw away the assortment of wooden blocks and boards!!!!!

Very satisfied customer of Lippert Level Up and Boonville RV Service Center.

Now I am ready for some camping!!!!!

Doberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:48 AM   #2
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160

Don't throw all your boards and blocks, we have the Lippert Level Up, and still find times to use some blocking.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:03 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I too keep my blocks and boards and do use them. It is sweet not having to worry about getting the tires level side to side.
Safe travels.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:33 AM   #4
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Gary,

I have a BigFoot system (only four jacks), but works the same. Like others said, sometimes you need some blocking. Blocks can be heavy, and the jacks can slip a little sometimes. I made four of these stands, with a lip around the top to keep the feet from slipping off. Most of the time I don't need them, but some times I camp in sites that are way out of level. Example is the picture in my tag line, when the Monty was parked at the house getting ready to go out.

This is version 2 of my stands, made out of steel, much lighter than version 1 which was made out of wood.
7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:39 AM   #5
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
You will find that some sites aren't quite "up to snuff" as the saying goes and so it is nice to have some short boards to put under the jack pads. I use 2 by 12 pressure treated cut to 18 inches long. Even though my site here in florida is pretty level, I put a stack of two boards under each of the very rear jacks to keep them above the water when we get heavy rains due to that section of the site being lower than the rest of it. At one campground in georgia, the site we had was crowned high in the middle and one side of the rv so that the door side tires were completely off the ground after the level up system did its job. In this case, I releveled after throwing down so boards. And once in a while you will run into the campground that says no jacks down unless you have boards under the pads. John
Old 05-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Thanks for posting on Booneville. If we ever need work in the summer we'll be headed there. On the boards, you'll just have to see what's right for you. I carry two short 2x12's but I really only use them for my rear stabilizers which we still use when severe storms are around. I have been in some very unlevel spots (wheels way up off the ground) but level-up has handled it fine and I need the space and weight for stuff I refuse to leave behind.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #7
Doberman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10587
I guess my enthusiasm about getting the system and my satisfaction with the installer made me comment about the boards. LOL You had to be there to appreciate the situation.......... I had a "LARGE" box of various pieces of wooden boards and blocks. When we leveled the system the first time, I made the statement there that I can get rid of these boards. Like most of you, the installer told me to keep some basic sizes for those "difficult" spots. Oh well, even if I do still carry "SOME" wood, I am still totally happy with Level Up and Boonville RV. My post was to let people who are "on the fence" about the system know that the after market installation is a good option and Boonville was a good location to have it done.
Doberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #8
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Thank you for this report.
We too will be getting the level up installed and Booneville RV Service Center is where we plan on having it done. This post just confirms our decision to have it done there.
We look forward to having the level up system and enjoying its benefits.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Doberman

I had posted a few months back about having the Lippert Level Up installed and several people asked that I post my thoughts about it after it was completed.

I had the system installed yesterday at http://www.boonvillervservicecenter.com/. I am 110% satisfied with the system and, more importantly, the installer. I traveled up the night before and they had hookup available at their shop. That allowed me to be there early and ready for them to get started. They offered for me to stay another night but due to storms in the area, we headed back home. (They offered me to stay INSIDE their shop out of the storm if we wanted to.) We pulled out of their driveway at 5:30pm. Other installation locations stated it would take 2 full days. This shop was done in less than 8 hours and several hundred dollars cheaper. It was obvious they do this type of work often and know the system inside and out.

After getting home, I left the RV hooked to the truck since we were tired from traveling but I was out early this morning "playing" with the Level Up. They fully demonstrated the system yesterday and watched over me as I did it the first time. It is really a very easy system to operate. Now I can throw away the assortment of wooden blocks and boards!!!!!

Very satisfied customer of Lippert Level Up and Boonville RV Service Center.

Now I am ready for some camping!!!!!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:39 AM   #9
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
I carry 6 pieces of 2 x 10 x 12 and put 1 under each pad at every setup. I find that this makes the rig more stable. I also carry 4 spares the same size for replacement if needed. Had a ceremony and disposed of ALL other wood. Going on 3 years now full timing in this rig and that's all the wood we have needed.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #10
jrhaman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6999
I believe the guy that owns Boonville rv invented the Level Up. Met him at a luncheon in the RGV last winter.
jrhaman is offline   Reply With Quote