Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Brain short, come on spring!

Bought a small trailer the other day and must have had a brain short. The thought occurred to me that somebody might possibly take a set up like this and attach a fifth wheel hitch to the trailer. Maybe it’s because of it sitting in front of the Monty instead of the back where most small trailers are towed when double towing. Perhaps I’ve seen too many similar photos on the net that reminded me of it. Anyway I have no intention of double towing!

One day spring the next day winter; must be the snow and anticipation of moving. We’re due to close on a new to us B&S in a few days after signing a contract back in Jan. Been almost living out of boxes for the last month, which seems like an eternity. Anyway, COME ON SPRING!

Old 03-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Bill,
That would probably work fine as long as those are not Marathons on the small trailer. You could really load up the truck, since the pin weight would be reduced drastically.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Bill,
That would probably work fine as long as those are not Marathons on the small trailer. You could really load up the truck, since the pin weight would be reduced drastically.
Bingo

That was a new trailer but it came with used tires. One of them even went flat after getting it home. I’m getting some trailer tires for it Monday morning which I discovered is China made. However, I was told it would be difficult to find any LT tires since it was a 15” wheel or any trailer tires not made in China. I guess it’s pretty much standard on a trailer for a 15” wheel. I’ll use them anyway since I don’t have any plans on pushing it to the load limit.
Bill-N-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote