Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
It is done!

Taxes are done, e-filed, and accepted. Been doin' my own taxes since a major tax company really fouled them up. Been using a prominent tax software with success for about 15 years. I still hate getting started. But I sat down, mainly because I have back and hip pain from felding a tree yesterday, and three hours later, it was all done.

I still might not have started had I not had chain saw-itis or old age or whatever. Sometimes things go right even when they seem to go wrong.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Talk about timing, I just finalized ours and e-filed this evening. Technology is good for some things and in my book a quicker refund is one of those!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
Rancher Will
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11227
I have to smile when I hear or read about those who are happy to get tax refunds. Of course I file tax returns on business as well as personal. Since 1961 we have always managed to keep our Income tax liability so that we end up paying final tax just before deadlines. We have never received any tax refund and never hope to. I have never reconciled myself to loaning our hard earned income to the government for no interest paid back to us each year. We can make better use of the cash throughout the year.
Rancher Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I usually end up with a tax liability. I try to keep it close enough to avoid a penalty. What usually whacks me is the self-employment tax. I sure am not going to say my way is superior. Everyone has to do the tax thing in a way that makes them feel most comfortable. Employed folks have fewer options to withholding than self-employed.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

We have filed ours electronically for the past few years. It seems less painful using a tax program than using the old paper system. I would rather get a little something back; at least it gives us something to look forward to and somewhat of an encouragement to actually get started to file them. We received our state return in only 5 days after filing this year.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:52 AM   #6
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
Got some money back from the state, but had to pay $200 more than I got back to the Federal. Greedy people in Washington.... :-) ..JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #7
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Love getting the return at current interest rates no big deal.I have no problem paying my share
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #8
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
For me its a nice treat at this time of the year to get back a refund. I know its intrest free for the Govt. but hey they need some help too lol............Its good mad money time for us. Do something you normailly wouldn't and have fun.

Thats just us, not for everyone, but it works!!

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #9
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Ours are so much simpler since we retired. I don't mind doing them at all.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote