Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
7 Feathers Beading Mania

The more I bead, the more I [s]spend[/s] love it! (Don't look too closely at the wrapped loops on the dangling earrings below; they were my first "look at the book and try it" attempts.) Susan, do you recognize the stones in the rectangular earrings? They were left over from the lanyard I made at 7 Feathers.

Gee, I used to think that "She who dies with the most fabric wins," but I'm sure the expression should be "She who dies with the most beads wins." I'm addicted to the textures, colors, and styles of beads. I may have to keep working to supply my habit.

The earrings in the photo are my first attempts at doing anything other than the Soup bracelet and several memory wire bracelets. Now I'm working on a wire-and-stone necklace, a wrapped-loop bracelet, and several other pairs of earrings, all for Christmas gifts. I made the Swarovski crystals dangling earrings for one of my daughters but liked them so well that I made another pair for myself.

Carolyn

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841

Very nice job. Love the swarovski crystals. Beading is fun, I agree and you can never have too many....
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Carolyn
Your comment about liking what you made for a gift, you made a pair for yourself, is why I have so many earrings! One year I made each daughter (4) and each granddaughter (2) ten pairs each. I had to hurry so gave up making a duplicate for myself but took pictures of each pair I made for them. I haven't done much beading for a while as I got addicted to Swedish Weaving/Huck Embroidery.
Your earrings are all beautiful.
Happy Trails.............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
You girls need to start a MOC chapter of BAA :-)
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Carolyn Nice work. If you get sick in Jan. I recommend a couple of weeks recoop in Quartzite. There will beads for sale at the Pow Wow as it is apart of the Rockhounding hobby. We hope Wayne you are doing well and hope you sell your house soon.
Don & Mary Ann
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:57 AM   #6
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Don, I think if our semester weren't ending the week of Quartzite, I could have gotten away with an extended "illness." However, leaving high school seniors and a substitute teacher alone at that time is not the best idea. All I'd need is for one kid to fail the semester exam and my head would be on a platter because I "wasn't there to explain" a question on the exam or something.

Doug, that Beading Addicts of America (Bead "Aholics" of America? Beaders Anonymous of America?) is a fine idea!
Carolyn

Old 12-01-2009, 05:04 AM   #7
Jim n Vicki
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9161
Carolyn we have not yet met in person, but you got me hooked on beading as well. From my first query to you about "what is a soup bracelet" to my lessons from Pam and Susan this fall I have gone to the "dark side" as they call it. I have made quite a few earrings, a couple of one strand bracelets and 1 soup bracelet. I am now waiting for orders from 2 different bead vendors so that I can make Christmas presents. I can't wait to get to Quartzsite to check out the beading opportunities there. I still have a LONG way to go to catch up with either Pam or Susan with the amount of beads they have!

Vicki
Jim n Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #8
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Vicki, I'm waiting on some orders myself. My nearest bead store, a very small one, is 90 miles away. So, I am an internet bead shopper and so far, so good.

I'm trying to figure out how to work on beading when I'm at school, but then again, I probably should be teaching, not playing!
Carolyn
Old 12-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #9
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Caroyln are you going to go to Q-site and get a refil on material for those beautiful ear rings you make. Very nice.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:50 AM   #10
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Great job, Carolyn! And very good photos of your work!

I love it Sharon Henry: a Montana Beader's Anonymous America!!

Down in Pahrump, NV at the Escapees Pair A Dice RV Park, they have a wonderful beading group and I learned several patterns. I have copies
to share at the Q with all of the other beaders that might be interested! Especially in Swarovski crystals! Working on my grocery list for the beading stores down there!
Kathy
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Quartzite isn't going to be possible this January, but I'll be there for the next one. Teachers miss all the fun between August and June!

Carolyn