Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
DnDatGrdJct
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7686
Update on Winterization Problem

Just wanted to provide this information in case someone else has similar problems.

This was with a 2008 3075 Montana.

Last October I asked for help with a winterization problem. I could not get the system to fill the lines with antifreeze via the normal method. Had several helpful responses but could only get the lines to fill by hooking up to the city water hookup. Called Keystone and they recommended I contact a service facility. That was time to put the Montana down for the winter.

Last week I took the unit to the service facility and they found two problems. First there is a check valve in the connection line for the hose to the antifreeze bottle. This check valve was only opening very little so it would have taken forever to complete the job. The second problem was a three-way valve was not seating properly so there was a slight air leak and the pump could not prime.

Small things lead to bigger problems.

Dean Nelson

DnDatGrdJct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:01 AM   #2
mdklek
Established Member

M.O.C. #5514
Send a message via AIM to mdklek
For the first time in 2 years I am having the same problem. The water pump cannot prime or hold its pressure. You mention a "three way valve was not seating properly" which was causing an air air leak. Where is this three way valve? I have spent the past 2 days exploring the plumbing behind the control panel and looking for leaks all around the water pump. I see the air bubbles in the water lines. FYI - I have had no problem with winterizing my unit. That check valve is fine. Curious where the 3-way valve is in this maze of plumbing.
mdklek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:28 AM   #3
DnDatGrdJct
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7686
Hello mdkiek,

My term 3 way valve was probably poorly chosen. There are several connectors that have 3 lines coming into them. The one I found leaking was at the top and I believe that it was one that was connected to the city water connector. The leak was not visible until the city water was connected and then there was a small leak of water droplets.

Some of these connections are a bit difficult to get tight since, as you noted, there is a maze of plumbing and some blocks access to other areas. The service department did inform me that the connections should be just beyond finger tight. There is a special tool for tightening them but they suggested just use a channel lock pliers and a just a bit of torque.

Hope you find the problem soon.

Dean Nelson
DnDatGrdJct is offline   Reply With Quote