Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2006, 06:52 PM   #21
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Ice??? I have never quite understood how that works. Try Calgon or similiar water softener instead, can be used in ALL tanks, and has to be cheaper per use than FOUR bags of ice?? Sorry, think that would melt in 1/3rd tank of water long before it did any good.

The silly monitors are never gonna work, use the Calgon to keep tanks clean and hopefully cut down on smells we don't like. Some have mentioned PineSol, but I don't like that smell, LONG story, but my dad used years ago in a MH toilet and it was gross. (Each to his own, if ya like PineSol, then go for it! )

If ya gotta buy ice, use it for something positive, pour a Manhattan or drink of choice over it and chill. (snicker)

Carol

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:33 AM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
How come all that ice rattling around in the tanks does not beat the sensors to death.Then they would fo sure never work again??

Rich& Helen N.Ridgeville,Ohio.

F-350SD, Lariat, V-10,4:30 Diff, tow command Long bed, Crew Cab Dually, 06 3400RL
Mor-Ryde Pin Box

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:34 AM   #23
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Okie Guy - I had a blocked up black tank and always "full' reading for two years. When emptying black tank, it would take forever to empty and the guage would always read "Full." I flushed the tank every time I emptied it, to no avail. I heard about the ice trick a month or so ago and remembered when I worked in a bar/restaurant we cleaned glass coffee pots by placing ice cubes in them and shaking. This cleaned the pot very well and didn't harm the glass. After hearing about the ice, I put a bag into the tank through the commode, not much water though, and drove the rig to the next campground. Not only did the tank begin emptying as rapidly as the grey and galley tanks, the guage also works properly now. Good luck - Jim

Carol and Jim Boylan
2002 2850RK
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:12 PM   #24
Montana_6174

M.O.C. #6174
Hi,
We're new at RVn' and I just can't find how to dump the galley tank. Gauge shows full, have dumped the gray water, gauge still showed full so I assume there's somewhere to dump it but ??? Help? Also, happy to see that messed up gauges are normal. Now we feel like seasoned rv'ers. Thanks!
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Every Rv we've ever owned had the same kind of gauges and they all worked or not worked the same way. The biggest problem is the sensors are inside the tank. You can buy aftermarket sensors that go on the outside. Those don't get clogged up.

But we just ignore those gauges now except for the freshwater tank gauge. The shower tank is full when it backs up into the shower. The galley tank when it backs up into the sink. The black tank is ready to dump when you get that little plop when you flush. The clean flush water kind of jumps up. Not really a splash back but I think probably something to do with air pressure from a full tank. In any case, we've learned how many days we can go on the black tank, how many showers on the shower tank, etc.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'03 3295RK
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

Montana_6174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:22 PM   #25
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome to the MOC Family.

On my rig the galley valve handle is on the frame in between the left side tires.

Glenn
Montana Owners Home Page
RV Related Links

Glenn and Lorraine
M O C - 4 2 0

We are using a 2005 White GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Extended Cab, Short Bed, 4X4
with the Duramax/Allison Combo and Firestone Ride-Rite air bags
to drag around our 2004 Montana 2955RL 32'
using a PullRite 16K SuperGlide Automatic Sliding Hitch

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us!"

You know you are retired when you wake up in the morning with
nothing to do and go to bed at night with it only half done.

BUT, Keep in mind, doing nothing can be a very
tiresome job because you can't stop to rest

Click on the Flags for the Forecast
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 05:29 PM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dimarktravelsusa, there is a separate tank and dump valve/handle for the galley. Where that handle is depends on which model you have. Glenn's is between the wheels. Mine is back near the aft end of the living room slide. It's up underneath so you have to really look to find it. If you don't find it post which model you have and someone with that model can tell you.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'03 3295RK
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:07 AM   #27
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Enjoy the lifestyle and when the black water tank begins to fill up, you'll recognize it by the fact that when you open the toilet to flush there will be a tendency for the liquid to "blow back." That's not a really good term but all I can think of. All it means is that the tank is beginning to fill up and air escapes when you flush. You'll still have time to dump. When you see liquid at the bottom of the sewer pipe (as you look through the toilet opening), DUMP!

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote