Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2017, 05:22 PM   #1
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
New awning!!

Well our new to us 2004 2955RL had a new awning replaced today. I had 3 back surgerious in the last month. So I ordered a new canvas and I watched a lot of vidieos on you tube. So today my 35 year old son and two of his friends showed up to install the new canvass on my A&E 8500 My son put a chair out for me and told me to stay down and he would take care of it all. I said great but don't you guy's want to watch a you tube video on how it works?? Ah no we got it, Was the general idea of all three that they had it under control. So I gave, a lot of "do it this way", while I sat in my chair. I had to leave, I went in the house and one hour later they came in and asked for my lap-top, I gave it them and about 20 minuites later they were done. I couldn't pull it becuase of my back. But they seemed to have done a great job. (Konck on wood) It looks nice and tight. Shop wanted $850 cost me $211 for the awning. Can't wait tell I'm well enough to use it.
Mel

Mel B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:31 PM   #2
Mike117
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #16033
Sounds like a nice saving and great you have a son who is handy. Hope your back heals.
Mike117 is offline   Reply With Quote