Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2017, 07:07 PM   #1
joyhunton
Established Member

M.O.C. #14011
Replacing Wired Multi Room Soundbar

Has anyone replaced their soundbar in the High Country? I didn't think there was a subwoofer, but just read someone found theirs behind the fireplace. I'll have to look there. Hardest problem is finding a WIRED multi-room soundbar since everything is wireless now. Has anyone found one that can service 3 rooms? Thank you!

joyhunton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:53 PM   #2
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Not too sure what you're wanting to do, but the sound bar serves the TV it's hooked to. If you have 3 TV's you need 3 sound bars, and sub woofers if wanted.

Mark
Old 02-17-2017, 06:10 AM   #3
joyhunton
Established Member

M.O.C. #14011
Need WIRED Multi-Room Sound Bar

The sound bar services the TV in the living room, speakers in the bedroom, and outdoor speakers. Hence, it's a multi-room, 3-zone soundbar. It's very cheap and although the manufacturer sent me a new remote, it still doesn't work. Since the bedroom and outdoor speakers are wired (not wireless), I'm looking for a multi-room (minimum 3-zone) replacement. Just hard to find a wired one now that everything is wireless.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:41 AM   #4
Dusters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19305
All 3 sets of speakers are plugged into the back with RCA plug connections to your radio and are controlled by the 3 buttons on the unit for current Entertainment systems. The sound bar can be unplugged and would not affect the two other speakers. To remove the radio (for other reason) the 2 vertical covers on the left and right edge have to be removed and unscrew the unit from the wall. There are Sound Bars for less than a $100 at places like Best Buy, Costco and other video stores. The L & R RCA plug pops off, 1 power wire and 1 other wire I believe to the TV. I wanted to get the TV on a separate sound bar, so I don't have to fuss with the buttons on the radio unit in the morning and end up waking another person in the bedroom. My solution is to put 2 book end speakers for the radio and move the sound bar to the TV only because TV speakers are pretty lousy.
Dusters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #5
joyhunton
Established Member

M.O.C. #14011
Thanks, Dusters. I really like the ability to have my iPad outside controlling the unit's exterior speakers via bluetooth as well as turning the radio on with speakers in the bedroom for the dogs when we're gone. Didn't realize how difficult it would be to find a decent WIRED replacement sound bar!
Old 07-24-2019, 12:28 AM   #6
LuvinRvLife

M.O.C. #24556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusters View Post
All 3 sets of speakers are plugged into the back with RCA plug connections to your radio and are controlled by the 3 buttons on the unit for current Entertainment systems. The sound bar can be unplugged and would not affect the two other speakers. To remove the radio (for other reason) the 2 vertical covers on the left and right edge have to be removed and unscrew the unit from the wall. There are Sound Bars for less than a $100 at places like Best Buy, Costco and other video stores. The L & R RCA plug pops off, 1 power wire and 1 other wire I believe to the TV. I wanted to get the TV on a separate sound bar, so I don't have to fuss with the buttons on the radio unit in the morning and end up waking another person in the bedroom. My solution is to put 2 book end speakers for the radio and move the sound bar to the TV only because TV speakers are pretty lousy.
This is great info as I’m now having issues with my sound bar on my 305rl,,Speakers blew out for no reason and the RV is only 3 years old,,,Thanks!
LuvinRvLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:45 AM   #7
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
don't know why you are trying to rewire they systerm but the woofer IS behind the fireplace.

good luck.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:01 AM   #8
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinRvLife View Post
This is great info as I’m now having issues with my sound bar on my 305rl,,Speakers blew out for no reason and the RV is only 3 years old,,,Thanks!
Yours blew out because Keystone puts cheap junk in there to begin with. I have had 3 Montanas now and all three I just went ahead and installed better sound and TV equipment to begin with.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entertainment center, soundbar