Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Towel Holders

The DW is not satisfied with the set up we currently have for the spare bathroom towels...an extra gizy hanging from the bathroom door. Where have others placed extra towel holders...back of the bathroom door (how are they attached) or maybe the wall across from the toilet (seems to be a solid wall)?

Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
CAT -

We added some bars to our 2955RL. The walls and the doors are hollow, so we used the spreadable steel anchors. They have to be real short to keep from going out the other side (walls are only 1-1/4" thick. You might also need to watch for the wiring on the other side of the bathroom wall. You can remove the outlet or the switches and just feel up the wall to make sure you are clear.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Bert,
I found a 3 bar towel bar at Target that hangs on the side of the shower. I attached it with double stick tape - industrial grade- and it has stayed in place for over 2 years and many miles. It has worked really well for us.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:06 PM   #4
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
There are some photos in the members' show and tell section from the main homepage. http://www.geocities.com/montanaowners/towelrack.html
Ours is the bottom one that Glenn (or whoever posted them) said they didn't know whose they were. They are oak fom WalMart. I cut the rods so the overall width would fit the inside of the bathroom door. They are attached with doubleback tape and then screwed in. I don't think I used molly bolts but I don't remember. One thing I would do different - I would glue the rods into the end pieces so they don't roll - the towels fall off in transit. Also in the photo is a wooden "shaker peg" with a coat hanging on it. I put at least six of those up throughout the rig. There is also an oak "towel ring" by the vanity. I think I added every accessory available in oak - adds a "touch of class" IMO.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:58 AM   #5
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
We have the over the door towel racks but hang them over the shower enclosure - one is on the outsie of the shower door, one is on the inside on the enclosure wall next to the vanity. Didn't have any problem with them scratching the enclosure, but for my peace of mind I put felt wherever they touched the enclosure.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by VanMan

There are some photos in the members' show and tell section from the main homepage. http://www.geocities.com/montanaowners/towelrack.html
Ours is the bottom one that Glenn (or whoever posted them) said they didn't know whose they were. They are oak fom WalMart. I cut the rods so the overall width would fit the inside of the bathroom door. They are attached with doubleback tape and then screwed in. I don't think I used molly bolts but I don't remember. One thing I would do different - I would glue the rods into the end pieces so they don't roll - the towels fall off in transit. Also in the photo is a wooden "shaker peg" with a coat hanging on it. I put at least six of those up throughout the rig. There is also an oak "towel ring" by the vanity. I think I added every accessory available in oak - adds a "touch of class" IMO.
Well thank you VanMan. I've been wondering who posted those towel racks. I had saved the photos but was never able to find the original post again to give credits. It will be changed on my next Update.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:44 PM   #7
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
we used 3M plastic hooks to hang them on because the come off without damaging the wall or door if you take them off.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:53 PM   #8
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
We purchased from QVC a set of two ring towel holders that clip over a door or drawer we have one on the door below the bath sink same in the kitchen they look and work great.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote