Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2007, 07:01 AM   #1
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
MAXIS INSTALLED

My DW gave me this for Christmas. It is a wonderful piece of equipment that anyone of us could really enjoy. The MAXIS allow's you to activate up to SEVEN (7) functions remotely.
Now the real story. I could have installed this unit with the attached wiring diagrams however I have a FELLOW MOC MEMBER ""MUDCHIEF"" That does live nearby who volunteered to help me install the MAXIS with a few of ""HIS""" special modifications.
I want to say that MUDCHIEF stuck with me through thick and thin so to speak until I finally had it installed and working to spec's. MUDCHIEF AND MY DW were constantly on me to get out of bed and GET ER DONE. I think MUDCHIEF knew immediately that I was not a ELETRICAL WIRING GURU, HA HA. I have attached a few pictures. I am so LUCKY to have MOC Members MUDCHIEF, OZZ, STEVE close by. This Forum is the most wonderful place to meet GREAT FOLK'S. One of the BRANSON ATTENDEE'S will really be happy when they win the ZAXIS remote landing gear unit. Safe Travels everyone John

Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:34 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Nice Present John! and you certainly got the right helper! I believe he is the pioneer developer for Maxxis

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:05 PM   #3
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Hemlockusa, I enjoy remote things. Could you tell me more or direct me to an informative website?

Thanks

Phil P.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:47 PM   #4
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Phil if you like the REMOTE LIFE. YOU NEED to check this out WWW.WESTHAVERASSOCIATES.COM You can call Wes with any questions of his products, He had also donated a ZAXIS and FLASH CUBEN for out BRANSON Get Togeather in May 07. These products are really great and Wes is outstanding to work with. CHECK IT OUT. any more questions please feel free to PM me anytime. John
Old 01-13-2007, 03:58 PM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Nice job, you guys. that required some sober work, my hat's off to you two.
Be fun to check it out with you in Branson. (Or when I see you down here in the Valley.)
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #6
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
John, those 2 guys sitting at that table look like they were up to something. I was glad to be able to help you. I knew you could do it just wanted you to get it done while the weather was nice. Hard to beleive it was 62 on Thursday and 15 on Friday. Now you can start on some other Mod's. But wait until you get down to the RGV where it is warmer.

Phil, John is right you would like this unit. It can do a lot of things beside what they list on their web site. I did a post called Remote Control Montana. You can look at that and see some of the things that I have done with it. I plan to add a A/B switch so I can do even more functions.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:23 PM   #7
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Ozz, John did a good job. Even tho some of the pictures I sent him I had made changes to that weren't shown in the picture. The product that they make is great but you know me I have to make mod's to it.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:29 AM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Even the best of products can stand a little 'tweaking' from us....whatever one would call 'us'.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #9
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Thanks for the info folks, I must check into this.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:14 PM   #10
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I Currently have only four (4) activities that are remotely controlled. If I were RichFaa I would have one controling my BLENDER. I am thinking of what would work and be good for our unit to make things easier. NO IT WILL NOT WALK THE DOG...DARN. MUDCHIEF has several more already controlled. one I want to add for sure is the fireplace. This MAXIS has such a potential. It can be configured to remotely control really anything with a switch. THINK ABOUT IT. I hope that someday it will be included as a feature in all MONTANA'S, and everyone will be able to enjoy it's great potential. Safe Travels John
Old 01-15-2007, 11:43 AM   #11
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
How many functions in a 5'er need remote assistance? Maybe I'm missing something, but the remote control on the TV has already increased the size of my belly.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote