Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
PA5er
Established Member

M.O.C. #11875
Slide Leak in Lft Wheel Well

I have a 2007 336RLT Mountaineer. Noticed when traveling on wet roadways that the carpet at the desk / entertainment center slide is wet. This slide starts above the left rear wheel. Investigating the problem, I noticed that it is a straight shot to the slide well where the rail enters the camper. There is no kind of barrier or seal to keep the road splash from entering. I can actually stick my fingers up through the well and feel the carpet. Is something missing or do I need to devise some kind of seal?
Has anyone else ran into this and has a fix. No sense reinventing the wheel if so.
Thanks, Bobby

PA5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:58 AM   #2
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
Bobby,
we had the same problem with our old Wildcat, someone on the Wildcat forum came up with a fix. He/we took a garage door rubber seal and screwed it to the camper side of the slide, where the slide and the frame meet. This seal was large enough, but soft enough, to take up the gap and seal the leak.
oldelmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
gregdan24
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9822
Ours has had a wet carpet at the rear of and under the rear part of the main slide as well. I haven't been able to figure out for sure if it's from pulling in the rain, or if it's running in when we retract the slides when they have water on them.

I've been leaning towards the answer that somehow it's getting in when retracting wet slides. Once I did watch water running/dripping down the outside of the slide wiper seal after a wet slide was closed. It was dripping through a small opening and very close to the carpet. Looked like under certain conditions it could soak the carpet.

But your post about the rail opening gives me something else to look at. It's hard to duplicate these leaks let alone figure out how to fix them. I do know it's a pain to get that carpet under the slide dried out when it does get wet!
gregdan24 is offline   Reply With Quote