Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2006, 02:45 AM   #21
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Mac I would appreciate what you can get. I used to manage a 350 bus fleet in California. It was easy to do tests on products because there were so many busses running the same conditions, approximate miledge and conditions. So it was a fair test. I learned a lot from the experiance.

trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:45 AM   #22
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
I saw a little news program on the tube a couple of nights ago about some inner city kids in an auto shop at high school, I beleive in New York City building a car from the ground up and powering it on bio type fuel. If I remember it did not have any regular fuel mixed in. They took it out for a spin and got 0 to 60 in 6 or 7 seconds. The impressive fact was that it got 60 miles to a gallon. The car looked something like a mustang.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:14 AM   #23
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Ok... well I'm sure the oil companies have already got the patent for that one... so they can sit on it.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:22 AM   #24
carmzen

M.O.C. #5557
ive asked my service manager about biodiesel and he said no problem i do have a dodge cummins engine
carmzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:15 PM   #25
houseof many dogs
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #854
I used some in Iowa on our last trip and with the computer controlled diesels it did not make a difference.
My opinion os that this could help reduce our need to import so much oil. I think that various blends could be used depending on where the user lives, that is more bio in warmer climates and less in cold. Fuel heaters would be helpful too.
There is so much that can be done with IC (both gas and diesel)engines and here we are, wasting our time waiting for hydrogen fuel cells,hybrid and electrics etc. to bail us out of the imported oil problems.

THX for letting me vent!
houseof many dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:59 PM   #26
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
The GM Duramax stats there is a % amount allowed for the biodiesel. I am not really to excited about the upcoming mandate that Washington State is going to be using later this summer. I know it is going to be within the alloted amount, but I still will be looking for other locations to fuel up. Not really looking forward to plugged injectors and loss of fuel economy.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote