Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
agesilaus
Established Member

M.O.C. #11189
New here, looking at Montanas

Hi, someone on RV.NET suggested joining MOC. I don't own one but they are at the top of our short list right now.

I'm about to retire full time about a year from now. We have a TT right now with a Ford F150 TV. We aren't new to camping over the years the family has visited 47 states and Mexico and Canada. But when I retire we want to at the least spend 3 or 3 1/2 months on the road and the Trailmanor is just too small to think about that, even if we upgraded to the largest size.

So we are looking at 5vers and moving up to the F350 to haul one. We just spent most of today at the Jacksonville Florida RV Show and will head up to the one at Perry GA next month. I'd already been thinking about Montanas after watching their videos. And we were impressed with what we saw at the show.

On the way back we stopped and test drove a F350. Boy they have all sorts of toys on them now, even the wife was impressed

I am somewhat confused about the different types of Montanas tho, some seem to have better construction than others. Are there different grades of models?

I'm still leaning towards the smaller units the 29 or 30's. We want a floor plan with big back windows. I have to say getting behind a Montana with those windows on the road has always activated my envy system....heh. So no rear kitchen models or bunkhouses. We will be traveling with our soon to be thirteen year old at least until he is out of high school. But he is willing to use the pull out bed.

But my concern with the larger units is hauling up an down mountain highways, plus the fact that we have always been the off the beaten road types and get off into smaller rougher roads. And we very much want to do the ALCan highway. I thought about doing that next year but it might be better to wait until we have a full year experience with the big rig before tackling that.

So that's all about us. Any thoughts or suggestions will be very welcome.

BK
agesilaus is offline   Reply With Quote