Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2017, 08:37 PM   #1
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Jumper line to black tank flush

I added a jumper line from the exterior wash down hose to the Black Tank Flush line (see picture). This allows me to use the onboard 12volt water pump to flush the black tank. Great addition if you regularly use a community dump tank like we do. All you have to do is be sure you have a little water in your fresh water tank, turn on the pump and turn a couple valves and your flushing your tank. Much easier than stringing a hose out to do so. Also note that there is a check valve installed just to make sure that there is no chance of contamination. That might be a little overkill but I anticipated someone pointing that out as a potential issue. You could simply hook the wash down hose to the black flush line but this setup allows you to keep the wash down function (which will come in handy to clean hose, hands and dump area). Only immediate improvement I can see is to use clear pvc cleaner to avoid the purple dye on the pipe or you could go pex like the rest of the campers plumbing I suppose....
Attached Images

mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:02 PM   #2
Idalogger52
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20651
Good idea! ��
Idalogger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:36 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Nice mod. Others use the outside shower with a vacuum breaker added to the shower hose.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #4
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
DODick,
Yeah I could have just done that but I wanted to be able to complete the operation really quick (IE: without having to thread hoses) while in a crowded community dump station and I wanted the shower line to wash my hands without having to hook it back up....I know it is a little bit overkill.....
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote