Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2012, 02:19 AM   #1
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
For those that carry and those that don't

Remember that Sitting Around the Campfire forum has nothing to do with Rving, with that in mind here is another good read for those that carry and those that don't

http://www.usacarry.com/understandin..._source=normal

Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:51 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Good article. I for one am a believer that the increasing number of criminals who have no feeling or remorse over killing others is directly related to them being desensitized to killing by the video games they play and the movies they watch.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:10 AM   #3
gkidsdlite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12956
Amen DQ!!! A very big part of what is wrong! Afterall we are products of our enviroment! A child that is brought up in a home that is abusive has more of a chance of being abusive, a child brought up in a home that uses drugs or alchohol is more likely to use them, etc,etc,etc... God help us!!!
gkidsdlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I know the post was in the "sitting around the campfire" section but it is just a sensitive subject right now and a sad turn of events lately there has to be something else to talk about on a RV forum ,it is like a discusion on Pro choice vs Pro life, religion etc... people feel the way they feel and it is not like these posts are going to change my opinion on the subject it just starts arguments WHAT FUN IS THAT when I am relaxing around the campfire???? i just want to party and laugh and have a good time, I guess I will mosey on to the next campfire
Old 12-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Ironically, if everyone would just investigate on their own, develop their own opinions on things, then keep it to themselves, this would keep all futile arguments to a minimum.

When the Constitution was written and guns became a right they were needed for survival (hunting and defense), there were no automatic, rapid fire, media-advertised whack jobs around at the time to have them author what it SHOULD have said for our future. There were also no grocery stores, and many other conveniences that minimized the need for much of the weaponry that is now available. Like all good things, sometimes changes are needed, some are being made and we will never be able to resolve this argument. As long as there are people who want to live outside what the majority of us know as right and fair and lawful and safe then there IS no solution. You ban guns and only the bad guys will have them. You allow guns and there will be more mishaps and accidents (anyone read the two recent stories of relatives accidently shooting each other?).

The laws are pretty good that a gun owner has to be pretty responsible. Unfortunately, they don't cover the people around them (relatives, friends or burglars).

Just like RVs where some use theirs outside what's recommended, and don't know any better, there are plenty who know how to surpass what's recommended and still remain safe. I drive safe, but I use propane for the fridge when driving. I don't own any weapon and don't have a desire too and RV with others who do own and carry and don't have an issue with it.

Okay, I'm done. Anyone got any more wood for the dwindling camp fire? Just a small log or two will do.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Whether you are Pro Gun Control or Anti Gun Control, it just seems to me that to post these types of links in the wake of the most recent tragedy is completely insensitive, and does nothing more than promote bad feelings between those two camps.

No matter your stand on the subject, it takes a big man to stand up and walk away from this campfire and join one that is not choked with gun smoke, I am with you bigskyjimmy.

Why not "carry" in silence for a while.
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
As I sit around this campfire and reflect on many of the topic's posted here I can't think of anyone getting into an argument. Yes there are differences of opinion and that is good. This is a joyous time of the year or should be, but there are those that take away the joy. Celebrate the season and keep abreast of the situtations around us. Learn from what others have to say, and inform others who may not know.
I don't own any weapons but I have a safe full of firearms
Now click on this link and enjoy
http://www.flixxy.com/best-christmas...pid=1298512-10
Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
Well folks it looks like this one is getting off to a bad start. Perhaps it is time to just let this stuff rest for awhile and enjoy the Holiday Season. RVWheels, MOC Admin.
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote