Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
Korry J. Belin

M.O.C. #9603
Water Leak

It seems that I have a water leak everytime I use the hot water for any period of time. Does anybody else have this problem and how can i fix it? Thanks

Korry J. Belin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Kory, Welcome to "The Best Darned Forum on the WWW!!!" It would really help to know the year and model number of your Montana so folks with the same model and, possibly the same year, can help you with your problem. You can go to your profile page and include a signature with this info on it. Year and make of your Tow Vehicle is something you might want to add to it also.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
EagleRunner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5255
Korry,
Is that leak coming from the water heater itself? Sometimes the pressure releaf valve will "seep" giving the appearance of a water leak from the water heater. You may need to trip and let the valve reseat itself, being careful not to scald yourself from the heated water released from the valve.
EagleRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome, Korry! Where do you notice the leak? On our rig we had some leaks in the cold water system. It turned out to be at some connection points that were not fully tightened. If you can point us to where the leak is located and also give us the year and model of your rig, we'll do our best to help.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
Korry J. Belin

M.O.C. #9603
Thanks for the help. It is an (08) model # 3485. It is leaking by the food pantry but on the floor. I don't see any pipes or really don't know where it is coming from.
Korry J. Belin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:23 PM   #6
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Korry, check on the outside of your unit on the lower vent of the frig and make sure the drain tube is poking out. If not it will drip the water inside of your unit.

Look at my unit below and you will see the white tube sticking out on the bottom vent of the middle slide.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Korry, looking at the floorplan for the 2008 3485SA, the pantry shares a wall with the shower, correct? That's similar to our 3400RL. We also had water coming out from under the pantry. Two different leaks, actually.

One was coming from the shower. Since yours is hot water, my bet is it's coming from under the shower. If your shower is like ours, on the side of the shower, near the floor, are two access panels. One is near the drain and provides access to the drain plumbing. The other is closer to the wall and provides access to the faucet plumbing. I'd look there first. Four screws and pull off the access panel. Check the tightness of the connections to the faucet. That's where our leak was coming from.

The other leak from under the pantry on our 3400 was from loose connections behind the water connection center, which in our case is right on the other side of that wall, under the shower area, in the basement storage area. I had to remove the panel around the connection center from inside the basement storage. Then I tightened every loose connection. Because there were still some puddles in that area it was pretty obvious which were leaking.

I hope one of these is your problem and you can find and fix it easily. My bet is the hot water connection to the shower faucet.

Good luck.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #8
Sisarsky

M.O.C. #5475
Korry, It took me almost 22 months to locate my water leak because it was so infrequent. It turned out to be the cold water pipe connection to the water heater. Check to make sure fittings are all tight.

Al
Sisarsky is offline   Reply With Quote