Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2017, 06:38 PM   #1
TracyD

M.O.C. #19553
Where is the transfer switch

Newb question here. Going to add a Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X. Wondering where the transfer switch is located so I can decide where to mount the surge protector.

2016 Ram 3500, 2017 Montana 3920 FB Legacy Edition
TracyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:13 PM   #2
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
My transfer switch is located under the stairs. You will have to make a decision on if you want to mount Progressive Industry's before or after your transfer switch. I installed mine after the transfer switch as I am not to worried about my generator putting out bad voltage. I am a lot more worried about RV Parks with pedestals that are wired wrong or have extremely low voltage due to to long runs with to much draw.

Getting back to where your transfer switch is located listen for an obnoxious humming or buzzing depending on how good your hearing is :-) ;-) and you should be able to locate it. It should hum or buzz when ever plugged into shore power. If the noise is to annoying there is a thread on here that describes why they hum and what type to purchase if the noise really bugs you.

I am sure you will like your Progressive Industry's product.

Tom Marty
Old 03-15-2017, 11:07 PM   #3
TracyD

M.O.C. #19553
Thanks. Don't take possession for a couple weeks. Can't wait to check everything out. Installing the surge protector will be the first thing I do.

2016 Ram 3500, 2017 Montana 3920 FB Legacy Edition
TracyD is offline   Reply With Quote