Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE > Trailers, Tow Vehicles & RV related items for Sale
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2019, 07:45 AM   #1
Tesoro

M.O.C. #23717
2013 Montana 3400RL Hickory For Sale

My wife and I bought a 3400 Hickory from the original owners last fall. The trailer was pretty much pristine and had only been used about 7 months since new. The rest of the time it had been stored covered in New Mexico and south western Oregon.

Our plan was to live in it for a year and some while we built a new house on some land we owned but we wound up buying a house instead and only staying in it for a few months while re-modelling. We will be done in about a month and then will put the trailer up for sale. I am just giving heads up to the Montana group as this model is highly sought after in the west, and for good reason!

We are very picky neat freak types, bordering ocd, and especially when it comes to buying something other people have lived in. I can say that when we walked into this Montana it was as close to new appearing and as clean as one could find. It had not been professionally detailed. No smells no stains no scratches no pets no smoking no previous greasy cooking. Never leaked and no signs of a leak. The original owners were also neat and clean people and the husband was a retired pilot so he kept all in perfect working order.

We looked for months before we sold our house trying to find this model, which I believe has the ideal layout and appointments for full timing or luxury travel for a couple. We were very lucky to find this unit and even luckier because we didnt have to travel 800 miles to get it.

It has the solid hickory cabinetry in a lighter stain. The living area has the office nook desk with the fireplace next to it and a larger new 50in LED Samsung above. It has the L shaped kitchen with extra large 4 door fridge/freezer. The bedroom has a king size bed with the private toilet and a large open spacious corner shower. I am a big guy being 6'1" 300 lbs and dont feel confined in the shower at all.

It has some options of course, dual a/c for living and bedroom, w/d hookups, fantastic fan, power awning etc. It has electric stabilizing jacks and interior/exterior hydraulic controls for the 4 slides.

The roof has been cleaned and conditioned every year since new and we did it last fall. It was also washed and waxed every year.

If anyone on the forum is interested I can be reached at chrisberlin@icloud.com. Sales price $37,500. I would say that we will be out of it and have it cleaned and ready for another owner the second week of April.

I am a straight shootin type of guy and sold my last 5'er, a 2 year old 34ft Arctic Fox, via the AF forum to a fellow who drove 2 days to get it from Idaho to Oregon sight unseen. Reference available.

Tesoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:57 AM   #2
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
best of luck.....
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 06:48 PM   #3
Tesoro

M.O.C. #23717
update to my post...the rv wont be available till probably the end of may. delays delays...and I made a mistake its a 2011 not a 2013.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:41 AM   #4
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
price is way out of line would be my guess. I'd be saying more in the mid to low $20K for a private owner.
https://www.rvtrader.com/2011-Keysto...ar=2011%3A2011
In Michigan, for $55K you can buy a new 2019.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:55 AM   #5
Tesoro

M.O.C. #23717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazboy View Post
price is way out of line would be my guess. I'd be saying more in the mid to low $20K for a private owner.
https://www.rvtrader.com/2011-Keysto...ar=2011%3A2011
In Michigan, for $55K you can buy a new 2019.

My trailer books and sells for at least 35k on the west coast, if you can find a clean one not lived in by smokers, snowbirds or full timers. And thats if they havent been previously baked in the arizona sun or frozen solid in the midwest.

You can also buy coconuts cheaper in Haiti, but like most of us on the west coast, we wouldn't want to go there any more than we would want to drive a 5000+ mile 12 day round trip to Michigan.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:02 AM   #6
Chasnracin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12394
I agree with mazboy about being closer to the price. It might be worth $37k to you, but it's really only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Namecalling on this site is not a way to win friends and influence people as a new member.
BOL

2013 F350 SRW King Ranch
2011 3400RL
Chasnracin is offline   Reply With Quote