Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
Oregon, Looking For Suggestions

Oregon bound. Looks like around the middle of August we will leave here and spend maybe 3 days visiting relatives in Bakersfield Ca. and then head north. We were thinking about 395 until we were close to the border. This is basically a sight seeing trip, we were there before but it was 25+ years ago. For sures are Crater Lake, Jackson,
7 Feathers and whatever catches are eye.

Would appreciate input on things to do and see and food along the way.

Thanks

Ray

jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Hi Jackandh20 We are from Oregon and if you have time, go to Hellsgate river trips and book a dinner trip down the Rogue River, the ride and dinner are Fantastic. Just out of Grants Pass, is Rogue Valley State park, its nice and not in the city. You will need to go through there to get to 7 Feathers in Canyonville anyway. If you want go down the road to Merlin and take Galice rd and have dinner at the Galice resort, its right on the river Friday and Saturdays there is music on the deck outside next to the river. Have fun hope this helps.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #3
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
You might want to qualify what you want to see like coast, the I-5 corridor, or 97 or even farther east, like the wagon tracks in eastern oregon or the inturpritive centers, the gold dredge at Sumptner or some of the mountains lakes. Go to the oregon website and check rv or campground lots of info there and we all can assist you further
bob
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #4
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
randye, thank you. That is exactly what I'm looking for. I was looking at campgrounds on Rvparkreviews and that campground caught my eye and I'm always up for a good meal.

Thanks again

Ray
Old 07-16-2010, 02:53 AM   #5
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Hi Jackandh20 I'm glad that I could help. We really miss Oregon and since we have been here at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. I have helped a few others find things to go in Oregon. Makes me a little more homesick. We will appreciate home so much more now that we have been on the road for so long. Thanks again
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:05 AM   #6
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
If you like the Grand Canyon and Oregon try Crooked River RV Park in Terrebonne, Oregon.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:32 AM   #7
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
Blarkman, I guess that would help. All I'm sure of is we aren't heading back to Cali. There is no time frame. Maybe exit into Washington or Idaho and then work our way back to Arizona. It took us about a month to tour New Mexico last year and we prefer back roads as opposed to major highways.

helmick, I checked out their website and that place looks beautiful. If we get into that area that would definitely be one of our choices.

Thanks
Ray
Old 07-16-2010, 04:49 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Ray,
If you are going up I-5 I can highly recommend Armitage County RV Park, in Eugene (Coburg) OR. It will be the first one listed in the RV Park Reviews for Eugene. It is FHU, spacious sites, nice setting, sits on the McKenzie River, (But a 500 yard walk to the river), great dog park, and $25 a night. Just a nice place to stop and rest a few days, or spend some time there and jump off to Florence and the Dunes, and other places.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:51 AM   #9
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
jackandh2o
If you get to the Crooked River Park, Smith Rock State Park is about 6 or 7 miles away.
It has some great trails along the river and also rock climbing. We took the trails and
watched the rock climbing. No room for Monty, but a great day trip.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote