Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Petaluma, CA

We are at the Petaluma Coast Guard Training Center, Petaluma, CA. What a surprise CG this is. Nice level site, water and el. ectric, with dump station 1/2 mile or less up the road. This is a military facility. We called and go reservation about a week and a half ago. Now get this, only 6 RV sites, and would you believe one is empty.

We ate in the Galley, on-base, for a total cost for the both of us of $8.80. Here is the surprise. The Cooks School for the Coast Guard is here. The food was, well let's put it this way. we have eaten at Emril Lagasse's in New Orleans, and Paula Deans in Savannah. Both were very good, but this place is as good, if not better, than those two. Hard to believe, but so true.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Wayne, what are you doing in my neighborhood and you did not say Hi?
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
We are up in Redding Ca right now or I would stop by and say hi. Friends have told us about the food there but we haven't gotten a chance to get out there yet but it is on the list.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Wayne, my brother was stationed there several times over his career back when it was an Army ASA base called Two Rock Ranch, have 2 neices that were born there and I have visited it several times, was a nice little base. My neice who was born there married a Coastie and they were stationed there. Their quarters was one house over from where she was born. I always enjoyed that part of the country. Take care and stay in touch a little more, okay.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Well shucks Doug.

Let me say HI! We are in Petaluma. How are you? Where are you? It looks like 30 miles to your house. Tomorrow we are going to take in Bodega Bay. Today was the Muir Woods, but we had the dog with us so we were not able to walk in. Wish I had known that ahead of time - (wife's planning, or I would have known - sure glad she doesn't get on the MOC) We will be here until the morning of the 28th, then it's off to Klamath, CA

Jim, glad I brought back some memories. At your age it must be harder and harder to remember them all since you have so many. (LOL) I'll give a holler from time to time, but remember, we are having so much fun!!!

Rich, we are headed that way. Next stop is Chinook RV Park in Klamath for the holidays and to see the "woods." Don't know where from there, but come on down to Petaluma, and I'll buy lunch at the galley.

Hey Doug, you and Sharon also as guests. Acutally dinner (supper) has a larger window of opportunity.

Monday and Tuesday are San Francisco days.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #6
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Thanks for the invitation Wayne, but we are busy getting ready to go to the Lake Siskiyou rally. We will be leaving the morning of the 26th.

DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
No problem. If you have seen me once, you have me memorized for a lifetime!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #8
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Wayne, that's a darned fact !!! Maybe longer, depends on where you wind up.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #9
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
If you follow me you are going to be HOT!