Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
bill maietta
Established Member

M.O.C. #9955
hwy 101

Just spent a month traveling up 101 from Dan Diego to Florence Or. Though it was exceptionally beautiful at times I am getting off here in Florence. There were times when the road seemed like a back country road narrow and bumpy. A good way to see the coastline but very hard on the rig and the driver. Arnold, you coulda done better....

bill maietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Bill,
We made the same trip but only to Klamath, CA, and then took US-199 (Very exciting ride)

You mention that you are getting off. Are you heading inland? We took the TOAD on 126 and it has some twisty-turner sections, it is very doable.

We hit some of those same kind of bumpy, narrow roads coming across to Colorado. Even the Interstates had their long stretches of rock-n-roll.

All-in-all, I'd take US-101 again for that ride up to the Norther area.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bill, I have to agree about 101 in CA. In fact, many CA roads. We did that same stretch as you back in May. But 101 in Oregon is much, much better, at least in the southern two-thirds. There are some rough stretches in the northern part of the state. But the Oregon coast is so gorgeous, it's worth it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
bill maietta
Established Member

M.O.C. #9955
Wayne,
yes we are headed inland on 126 but only to I5. Then north toward Portland then east towards Glacier. So far weve gone about 5000 miles, started in Ft Lauderdale Fl, and the roads in general have been pretty good. I must admit, I am very nervious on those high cliffside rides. Both Cal and Or have been great scenery. Love Napa. Out west staying mostly at Elks lodges.
bill maietta is offline   Reply With Quote