Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Wyoming

After spending quite a bit of time at the State Parks in Colorado with full hook ups and beautiful view from our front yard, we have now moved to Wyoming.** Not one of their State Parks have any hook-ups and there is nothing on the horizon as they want to keep them all natural.*** I guess they have the right to do so but it sure dissapoints us.** We are now in a $43.00 per day KOA in Cheyenne without any view for the holiday weekend.

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Sounds about right. Years ago (we are talking mid 80's) we traveled out west a lot and found that many of the little cites along the rural roads had free camping spots in the little city parks. Full hookup at that. We traveled from North Dakota down to Oklahoma then back up to Montana, Wyoming, Utah, etc., never got on an interstate and only paid for camping one time in about 10 months. Stay in the park, have breakfast at the local cafe, chit chat with the local folks then be on our way. Was some real nice traveling. Met a lot of wonderful, helpful folks and saw some great country. Don't know if that happens and longer, have never done that again. Might try it later in the year.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I remember that KOA, stayed there back in 2006...cant remember a night that the wind did not stop blowing. Enjoy...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:34 AM   #4
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Bill & Helen,
My mom lives in Cheyenne!
Wish I was there with you!
She could probably give you
tips on where to eat!
Lisa
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Back in 2003 we day tripped from south of Denver to Cheyenne. We stopped and asked a local the best local place for lunch. They pointed us to a place we never would have ventured into on our own. But the lunch was excellent and the local color and conversation priceless. The name of the place is The Luxury Diner.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote