Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2004, 08:37 AM   #21
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
We had been looking at 5th wheels for several years and kept coming back to Montanas. We basically knew what we wanted, but also knew we couldn't afford a new rig. We happened to walk on an RV lot to seriously check prices, etc., and the salesperson told us their other location had just gotten a used Montana. We immediately went over and looked at the 2000 3255RL and just jumped in with both feet - the slides weren't even out and the dealer hadn't had a chance to check it out yet!!!!!!!!! The rig was in very good condition - there have been some problems come up, but the dealer has made them right and we have also fixed some of the smaller "glitches" outselves. The open floor plan suits us just fine, as does the bedroom/bath suite arrangement - just took the rig out on her "shake down cruise" and it was GREAT!

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:51 AM   #22
Montana_1520
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1520
Why'd we pick the Big Sky? Well the Marathon and Featherlite Class A coaches were just too "gaudy" for us! No, we looked at every 5er made and when we saw the 3670RL Big Sky it was just our kind of gaudy. We had other considerations, too. Just like Mike and Wendy we like the option of being able to get in and move around even when the slides are closed in. And the male #29 fan is 6'3" and had to be able to "fit" in places like the shower so that was a big consideration (no pun intended). We like the openness of the floor plan and the workmanship of the woodwork and the furnishings.We've had none of the manufacture's problems we read about on the forum. And hubby likes the stability of Big Sky on the road. All in all, we found our happiness in this one. And now you tell us that there's a new Big Sky coming out? Oh, no! We can't have 2!!! What will we do
#29 fans Chuck and Linda Clements
Posey, CA
04 3670RL Big Sky
04 Chevy 3500 CC Dually 4WD Duramax/Allison
Montana_1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:24 PM   #23
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
After I read all of the posts of why people bought their Monty's, I am reminded of all of the great modifications that we saw at the rally. Everything from new places for outlets, to how to join the two grey water tanks to pegboard in the basements. Never really thought of many fo the ideas but when you see them you think, boy that was clever. Not only are Montana owners smart shoppers, they're very innovative as well.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 05:40 AM   #24
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
We love our Montana and had seen it months before we bought. The one we saw was being polished up for another couple and I could only sit in there and dream it was ours. LOL Well, they happened to have a barely used unit come it with a price we couldn't refuse. We love the floor plan, we have kids so being able to get to the kitchen while they are still sleeping on the hide-a-bed was a must. I like all the storage space, not having to wrench our necks to see the tv and all the kitchen space. It's just perfect!
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 06:19 AM   #25
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
We had been looking for a 5er for years, we started about 1990 when I retired and in 1996 when our daughter the last child got married, couldnt make up our mind, So we just had to do it went to the state fair and looked at all the models but there was never a montana. At the 03 kansas fair we were going to buy a Holiday Rambler from a dealer in Wichita. after the fair we were going to go look one more time at a local dealer and WOW they had just gotten a new 3685FL we had never looked at the Montana before and had never seen one with the front Living Room it was diffrent and nice, the bed room in the rear is quieter and the entire rig is open. We really have been happy with our choice.
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:02 AM   #26
skyguy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #940
Send a message via AIM to skyguy
The wife did all the research, and in 2001 had decided if we were to upgrade to a fifth wheel, the Montana 3280 would be one of her top choices. A year later, we ran across a used one, and made a deal with the local dealer that we could live with.

It has lots of counter space (I love to cook), lots of storage (we hoard lots of stuff), and with a little adjustment, we were able to get into the refrig without having to open the slides (unfastened the dining table, and flip it upside down when we travel).

The 3280 has since been discontinued, but if we were to upgrade, it would be to the 3400.
skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 12:56 AM   #27
Montana_440
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #440
We found our 3255 used.It had been towed 15 miles & scared the owners...who'd never towed anything.It was in perfect shape,with every option.We have to have 2 chairs & prefer a seperate bathroom...so this plan was right for us.It's our 4th 5th wh & is the easiest towing trailer of them all.We like dealing with Montana & only one thing we'd change. I wish,wish I had my Sears stack W/D...back.The all in one W/D is a poor imitation.JMO
Montana_440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 06:48 AM   #28
bonscott
Established Member

M.O.C. #1097
we picked our 3295rk for a couple of reasons. First, we liked the counter space in the kitchen, and the layout of the rear kitchen. The person preparing/ cooking is still part of what is going on and can easily face out to easily converse with someone at the table or at the sofa. We also liked the fact that the TV was across from the sofa in the living area.
I do really like the 3400 model though.....
bonscott is offline   Reply With Quote