Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2005, 04:58 AM   #1
gr8tadventure

M.O.C. #2939
"construction of Montana 5er's"

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could answer some questions pertaining to some of the over all construction of their Montana fifthwheels? 1) Are the slide-outs (roof/walls) insulated, or vacuum bonded?
2) Are the cabinet frames (Kitchen, above slide-outs, bedroom/bathroom, Entertainment Center) solid wood? (I know the door fronts are)
3) How has the underneath held up? (the material used to enclose the bottom) Has it sagged over time?
4) Are 12volt heat pads for tanks offered? Or does just the furnace duct work provide the heat for the underbelly?
5)Does it come standard with a porcelain toilet with foot flush?
6) Do they come with a window in the toilet room?
7) Are the R factors at least: Floor-R-18, Roof-R-14, and Walls-R-8?
I am asking these questions due to some comparison shopping, I really like the look of the Montana, you do see a lot of them at the campgrounds, and the owners really love them!...Thank you to all who reply!

gr8tadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:02 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The answer to many of those questions can be found at www.keystonerv.com
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:14 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I'll try to answer your Q's...

#2- Wood Veneer
#3- Have had mine for over 2 years and have no problems with the belly. The trailers belly that is, my belly is a different story.
#4- Not that I am aware of and I did not see it on the "Options" list.
#5- Optional is the Deluxe porcelain toilet upgrade
#6- No
#7- Exterior walls R-9, Roof R-14, Floor R-21

Most all of the above info can be found at the Montana Website

Look at the Construction, Standards, Options and Specifications listed in the left column on the Home Page
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:45 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Looks like your question has been answered, so I just want to add about a penny's worth. If you do what we did, trying to find the "perfect" unit will drive you nuts. Every manufacturer is flawed in some way because the RV business is a business of trade-offs, i.e., we traded a closet for an onboard washer and dryer.

There is a ratio between quality and price, but as you move up the price ladder, you hit a point of diminishing returns. So you have to determine what is really important to you AND what it will cost to you to get there. For us, balance was the key. We finally decided that the Montana products (not all keystone products) were the best value. A solid ratio between, safety, longivity, quality, functionality, and beauty was the balance we settled on.

Never forget that whatever unit you buy by whatever manufacturer, preventative and reparative maintenance will take up residence at your door. Happy hunting.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote