Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2016, 11:21 AM   #1
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Hot Team

Well I found out today that our 3160 was on the Keystone Hot Team list. She told me that they moved it there to help us out seeing that it has spent so much time at the dealerships being worked on. I am asking that they extend the warrantee by the amount of time it was not available for us to use. We will see but it sounds like they do this some of the time depending on the situation. I hope it all works out good. Hope to have more info next week.

Tom Marty

Old 04-15-2016, 11:59 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Never heard of the "Keystone hot team"
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:09 PM   #3
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Rich I never had until today. Time will tell if they are actually going to make things right. I am trying to be positive.

Tom Marty
Old 04-15-2016, 04:03 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Hope it really means something and you'll be trouble free soon.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:50 AM   #5
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Let's hope that they "melt" your troubles away. John
Old 04-17-2016, 06:11 AM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Wow, didn't know about this option either. I hope the good news of being on the "hot team" offsets all the troubles you've had and that this helps make things better so not having to be there any more!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 03:12 PM   #7
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Good Lord! Hot Team? Sounds kinda gimmicky to me. "Don't worry Mr. Marty! We got the Hot Team on it now!" Congratulations, you win the prize for having the longest tenured repair in the dealership. Nobody has had to leave their rig here longer or return more times than you. Really?? Seriously, I hope the "Hot Team" is able to fix things soon and you'll be able to use it this coming camping season trouble free.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:44 AM   #8
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
The Keystone corporate staff must have had to attend some kind of organizational/motivational retreat/conference where some "expert" delivers a bunch of buzzwords and ostensible techniques that will supposedly improve operations. I've seen this at least 50 times in my career, then it is folded into company policy which trickles down to department supervisors who are required to "implement" the new dictates, much to the dismay of the working stiffs.

After a while, things eventually get back to business as usual, that is, until the next corporate retreat happens.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:54 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Not to long ago they had "team Montana" nothing changed.We will watch this one. I have an idea as to who may have a hand in this concept.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:15 PM   #10
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
How many trips to the dealer before your rig is assigned to the Hot Team? How many missed camping opportunities? Why can't all the guys be on the Hot Team? What if you don't qualify for the Hot Team? Does that mean you have to keep coming back until you reach Hot Team status? Does the Hot Team get their own lunchroom? Parking space? I think I want to be on the Hot Team.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
B&W Companion
Old 04-18-2016, 05:46 PM   #11
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Well I have to say they at least called me today. Better than not calling I guess. They want the last few items corrected before they continue the process. We ordered this unit well over a year ago and picked it up right around one year ago. It has been to the dealership numerous times. The original selling dealership (Chiefs RV 36 years) has now been bought out by (Blue Dog RV). So when you hear "look how long we have been in business", remember they can still go out of business. Blue Dog has the remaining parts to repair the unit when they actually open up for business.
I originally picked up the rig on Aprill 22. The battery was dead and I could not start the generator or use the front jacks. It was at closing time and I finaly got some help. They managed to blow the fuse to the jacks as they kept trying with low battery voltage. I think it was back in for work in May and then we got it for Memorial weekend. That is when I noticed that they had hit the front cap with their forklift mast. They had forgot to notify me about that before I picked it up. Then back to dealer in June for the first try at painting the end caps. It is like a broken record. We take it in and then pick it back up. Then the rig was delivered to Chiefs in October to be worked on and repainted again (end caps). They were able to get some of the issues fixed. Then it was finaly taken to Russ Dean Family RV by Chiefs in early Febuary to get painted as they have a paint shop and sell Keystone products and Chiefs could not get the work done? We picked it up in the middle of Febuary to get the Litlle Trav'ler Dish installed in Portland Oregon. That would be about four months right there. After the Portland trip it went back to Chiefs again for more work as the parts had finaly arrived. Then we picked it up againg for a quick trip to Pendelton Oregon because we wanted to actually use it and see if the items had been repaired. Then back to Russ Dean to be wet buffed as the paint looked nice but had lots of little pimple like things in the clear coat. Should have been done before calling us to pick up the unit. Back home and then I found out they did not tighten the ladder when I was climbing up to install my two Fantastic Fan vent covers. Supposedly some one was to come over and actually tight the ladder today while I was at work. I had already tightened the bottom four brackets.

So as you can see we really hope to have this team help us get the warrantee extended for the amount of time the unit was at the dealerships being repaired.

So I am trying to stay positive, time and actions will either make us happy or real unhappy.

Tom Marty
Old 05-01-2016, 09:57 AM   #12
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Well we will see how much help I get from this group. Went camping up in the. Blue Mountains this last weekend. Nice drive the unit worked fairly well, except the fake flames annoying squeak started again after extended run time of the fireplace. Only other real issue was the noise when ever we used the water. Sounded like the generator running. Probably a check valve or something. It was campground water and not my tank/pump.

Got home and started opening slides after I put it on the jacks. First thing I notice is that the wood trim that cover the ceiling LED strip light on the ODS had fallen down on one end. Luckily I noticed before opening the slide all the way. Had to get a ladder and remove that half. Of course it is the same side the dealer took down to fix the LED lighting issue. Finish nail barely sticking through the trim. No wonder it fell off. Than I notice a AAA battery laying on the floor mangled and a basting indent on the linoleum floor cause by the battery being under the slide floor for who knows how long. Checked the remotes and found that both Samsung remotes had different types of batteries in them. Of course one of the remotes had one battery in it that matched the one the ruined our kitchen floor. Weird because I have not replaced any batteries because they would never have gone dead in the few times we got to use our 3160. My guess would be when the dealer was prepping it they dropped one of the batteries and could not find it so they just replaced it with another. The quality of manufacturing and service work or lack of quality on these units continues to astound me.
Until these two issues we thought we had a good weekend in our 3160. The trip was only around 120 miles each way with minimal traffic and a lot of the speed through the mountains at around 52mph.

Tom Marty
Old 05-01-2016, 11:08 AM   #13
Razrbk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17829
What are the benefits to being on the "hot team?"
Razrbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:18 AM   #14
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Still waiting to find out if there are any benefits. It would defenatly be a benefit to have a better built unit and not have to go through this.

Tom Marty
Old 05-01-2016, 03:55 PM   #15
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Sorry for your on-going troubles, Tom. I figured with the Hot Team on it, there would be no more problems.

B&W Companion