Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2019, 08:24 AM   #61
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
Jayco Pinnicle is our next unit.

2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:26 AM   #62
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie W View Post
I also had shades falling off the walls, lot of screws loose when you go to tighten them they're completely stripped out,
I found a lot of keystone's issues is the use self tapping sheet metal screws into thin plywood, when they should be using self tapping wood screws, major difference

The few loose screws that we had on the shades and valances were simply replaced by a size larger. I used self tapping instead of self drilling and 4 years later, still up though are snugged down occasionally as they will loosen after a lengthy trip on the formerly shovel ready/repaired(??) roads of the USA
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:26 PM   #63
GreG L.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21993
I've been on this forum for almost a year now watching all the issues but also watching the number of members responding to the issues that seam to be happy with Montana. I have learned allot and have a list (the dealer is going to hate this list when he see's it) of things to look at when I pick up the 2020 3561 I ordered. I also regularly went through the other manufacture forums of equivalent units and didn't see much of any difference in the issues, quality of build is an across the board issue unless you pay allot more for a really high end unit. I did notice that customer service from the manufacturer was better in some but dealers were about the same.
GreG L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:28 PM   #64
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
NEVER EVER AGAIN.... NO Way... Many poor quality issues... Slide gears stripped... Last trip to Vegas Rear Shackle bolt Broke in the middle of no where.. then, the gas regulator realeasede all the propane in the tank, then the Cargo door screws stripped out! CANT WAIT to get rid of it... took it to the dealer... It's only worth half of what is owed... Toiiet never held water until I PAID OUT OF MY POCKET FOR A DOMETIC... Fridge quit working. in SD... Front right tire wears rapidly.. All decals are toast.. The right fender flaps in the wind going down the road... The carpet is already worn on our 15.. Slides catch the cabinet door handles and rip the doors apart.... Water heater did not work on AC../ Black drain would not close.. Shower door handles fell off... Dealer used HOT GLUE to fix!!! Yea right... Would I buy another Montana or any Thor Product again.. the answer is not only no, BUT HELL NO!.I did not spend all this money to have to work CONSTANTLY on an item that should have been right to begin with... Their are folks who say. "they all do it".. Tell ya what. MY RAM does not fall apart all the time, nor any other product I have bought along with 6 previous 5th wheels... God I MISS MY K-Z .....
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:35 PM   #65
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleback View Post
Jayco Pinnicle is our next unit.
Hate to tell you this, but Jayco is now a THOR Product.... Good Luck..
Old 05-31-2019, 02:12 PM   #66
Sparatacus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24110
I could be wrong but no matter what or who you go with all will have issues some might be made better in some area than other area but they all have their issue. One maker might be better on the kitchen area and one maker will be strong as far the kitchen area etc: That's just my take on it for what it worth .01.
Sparatacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 03:15 PM   #67
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparatacus View Post
I could be wrong but no matter what or who you go with all will have issues some might be made better in some area than other area but they all have their issue. One maker might be better on the kitchen area and one maker will be strong as far the kitchen area etc: That's just my take on it for what it worth .01.
I agree I believe even if you buy a very high end unit there will be issues, biggest thing for us as consumers is how well the MFG and dealer stand behind you and from what I experienced only Keystone has worked with us, dealer CW has really been of no help at all
Wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:50 AM   #68
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
I agree I believe even if you buy a very high end unit there will be issues, biggest thing for us as consumers is how well the MFG and dealer stand behind you and from what I experienced only Keystone has worked with us, dealer CW has really been of no help at all
Every time I tried to get help from Keystone, it was an awful experience. There reply was always, take it to your dealer, I cannot tell you who made that rope light, contact your dealer. "sorry, out of warranty cant help"... We have owned several SOBs and have never had the issues we have had with ours... With my Sobs I have had a Converter charging issue... Factory helped me fix it... I have had Some trim pieces come down near NOLA... I fixed. The Last one we had, the window seals needed attention at 13 years ..... .... Had one fan cover go bad and I fixed.. So far with this one it has been nearly every trip it's something... It makes it so what should be a good time, not so fun... Leaving soon for the Pacific Northwest... Ill keep you posted if something else happens.. Like Leaf Spring Bolts, Slide Gears, Cargo Doors Stripping the Screws, Gas regulators leaking, etc.... Stay tuned... can't wait to see what's next.... Maybe mine is just a lemon....
Old 06-01-2019, 08:33 PM   #69
Sparatacus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24110
@ dfb, yep I know what you mean on that but I can say that I had a Denali 5th wheel and my slide went out so the dealer kept it for about three months, so working with Keystone was a pain in the you know what.

So we finally got it all work out with the dealer and about a month later the call me to make sure was I taken care of, they call me out of the blue, you know that I was a shock but that time.
Sparatacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:28 PM   #70
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparatacus View Post
@ dfb, yep I know what you mean on that but I can say that I had a Denali 5th wheel and my slide went out so the dealer kept it for about three months, so working with Keystone was a pain in the you know what.

So we finally got it all work out with the dealer and about a month later the call me to make sure was I taken care of, they call me out of the blue, you know that I was a shock but that time.
Glad it worked out. The dealer had ours for months too for paint repair..this was the start of things to come.. The logging truck that thru wood into our cap, someone sideswiped us in a park. I flooded it twice, then turned too sharp and crunched the lower panel. Spent today washing and polishing it..Northwest is next..hopefully...