Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2005, 04:20 PM   #1
owenwetzel
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3344
Arizona Camping

We have become fulltimers since Feb.15, 05 Have 2000 3820RL.
We are planning to go to Arizona this winter to visit relatives. Another ft'er told us today that Arizona was bad on Rv's. In that the dry weather caused wood and related matierials dried out and caused cracks in interior plus.

We would like to know if this is true and how long a stay is safe.
This is the first time I've heard anything like it.

owenwetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 04:37 PM   #2
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
Never heard that one before but who knows?
We have been in Arizona as well as several other desert states for months at a time and don't notice anything falling apart.
I just go where ever and don't worry about things like that.
Travel and enjoy!!!
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 04:45 PM   #3
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Never heard about this either -- maybe someone was telling you a little fib to keep Arizona as a "best kept secret" for winter snowbirders and prevent overcrowding! We spent the month of February in Arizona and loved every minute - including all the rain which made for the greenest desert we have ever seen.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 05:02 PM   #4
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Owen & Patricia,

Lived here 29 yrs. It's something we tell Yankees to keep them away.

All kidding aside. NOT TRUE. We have had TT's ever since we've lived here. No worries.

Come on down.

Happy Camping
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 04:40 AM   #5
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
It sounds like something we tell people who want to come to Florida about the gators being under every car in every parking lot and around every corner.

It sounds like someone is passing you bum information.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 02:11 AM   #6
owenwetzel
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3344
Thanks for the comeback from all on my question. I think the person who told me is having a more serious problem. He does have some separation in the woodwork in his motor home. I think it's due to poor construction. Again thanks.
owenwetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 01:01 PM   #7
THE BAILEY BEARS
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #300
Spent 3+ months in AZ last winter and didn't have any problems. Do think someone is trying to scare you off.
THE BAILEY BEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:50 PM   #8
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
Being from Wa., with little rain this last winter, we told everybody in Az.; we came "DOWN FOR THE RAIN". Ofcourse our name being Raines and we both pack a few extra pounds: Every where we go it's "Heavy Raines"

BTW: DO NOT TELL HER I POSTED THAT!LOL
dersequim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 11:18 AM   #9
Montana_2753
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2753
owenwetzel:

From about October until April there are upwards of a total of 2.5 MILLION RVers that have camped in Quartzsite, AZ for "the season". At any one time there are approximately 200,000-300,000. You would think that if there WERE a problem, not that many people would show up!! Now during the summer, it's a different story. There are about 3200 "year around" residents in Quartzsite. How do I know? Because I will soon be one of those. I spent all last week there and it got as hot as 106F, but from what I've been told it can go as high as 125F+, albeit for short periods of time. It is recommended (highly) that if you are NOT in your RV for extended periods of time, that you place trash cans (size depends upon how long you will be gone) filled with water to keep the inside from drying out. (I have friends that have spent time in Borrego Springs that do this). If you are living in your RV, then there should not be a problem, but you may want to increase the humidity level for comfort's sake. All of this is based upon what I have been told by those that have spent time under these conditions. I will be able to give you more "first-hand" knowledge after my experience living there. Hope this helps.

Bruce
Montana_2753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 06:40 PM   #10
Montana_3811

M.O.C. #3811
I've lived in Arizona most of my life. I've had campers, motorhomes and current my Montana is my 3rd 5th wheel. I've never had a problem other than the graffics sometimes crack with prolonged exposure to the sun. All the major airlines store their unused aircraft here because of the enviorment. The information you recieved is incorect. AZ Dave

PS: We're currently in Eagar AZ. In the Town of Eagar. Trout fishing is excelent and Elk and Deer are abundant.The weather up here at the 9000 ft alt. is perfect. Here at Bear Paw RV park the rent is only $175 per month!what could be better!
Montana_3811 is offline   Reply With Quote