Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
maxmorrow
Established Member

M.O.C. #10747
How to use just two of three slides?

I have three hydraulic slides on my fiveer and was wanting to know if I ever needed to only use two of the slides is there a way of locking one. I have only one switch that works all the slides. The reason is at one place we park we might not have room to put out one slide. Thanks John

maxmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
On my Big Sky, there are 4 valves, one for each slide, inside the small door where my switches for landing gear, rear stabilizers, etc are. All I have to do is turn off whichever valve I need to keep the desired slide from opening. Not sure if this is available on all models.
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:59 AM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
you might have a manafold mounted to the pump for the slides like mine but this is how I have to control mine,

Old 09-27-2010, 04:05 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I also have 3 slides and, like the picture shown by Don, have a manifold with the 3 manual shutoffs. It is located in the front storage compartment at the pump. You can close the valve of the slide you want to remain closed. That slide will remain in place while the other slides move.
Mine are not marked. You will probably have to experiment to see which is which.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
NOTE: You don't say what rig you have and not all of them have a manifold to be able to control the slideouts. But if there is one, hopefully there is a knob for each slide. Another popular location for the manifold is in the front storage compartment.

If you don't want a slide to open (assuming you know which knob controls which slide) rotate the knob in a clockwise direction until it firmly stops and "disable" the slide from moving in or out. Counterclockwise to fully open the valve to allow for slide movement.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #6
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

NOTE: You don't say what rig you have and not all of them have a manifold to be able to control the slideouts. But if there is one, hopefully there is a knob for each slide. Another popular location for the manifold is in the front storage compartment.

If you don't want a slide to open (assuming you know which knob controls which slide) rotate the knob in a clockwise direction until it firmly stops and "disable" the slide from moving in or out. Counterclockwise to fully open the valve to allow for slide movement.
Thanks Art I forgot to mention that with my post, I must of had a brain fart .
another thing mentioned in my OM from Lippert on the slides are when parked or in storage for a long period of time they recomend the valves be closed, I do not know if they also mean if a person has the slides open in a park for a long time either, I just took it for granted if all were closed and in storage.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
I talked to a trailer parts supplyer about mine and he will order me 4 12v silanoids to screw in the manifold at each line with a switch for each inside. I have been thinking of putting them in mine then you could open and close anyone of them by itself.
bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:40 AM   #8
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by maxmorrow

I have three hydraulic slides on my fiveer and was wanting to know if I ever needed to only use two of the slides is there a way of locking one. I have only one switch that works all the slides. The reason is at one place we park we might not have room to put out one slide. Thanks John
We don't have individual controls for our slides either, just one switch that controls all of them. They go out in order: bedroom entertainment center, living room. They come in the same way. We have found that since the bedroom goes out first, we have been able to park overnight with just the bedroom slide out. Of course, the other two slides have released and allow room for flies to come in and cold air. But needing sleep, we have been able to get by when it is necessary. Other than that, I know of no way short of investing some money to have the system modified (which I'm contemplating next year if the money is available).

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #9
maxmorrow
Established Member

M.O.C. #10747
Sorry, I forgot to mention it is a 2006 Mountaineer 329RLS. I have not found the manifold that many of you have but I will keep looking. Thanks John
maxmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
John, if it has the manifold it will be on top of the slide pump, probably in the front compartment. On Montanas it is an extra cost option. If it's available on the Mountaineer I'm pretty sure it would be an option.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:11 AM   #11
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
scductman: I went a similar route you refer to as far as electric solenoid valves. Be sure they supplier knows our pumps are bidirectional as in it pumps one direction to get the slides out and it pumps the opposite direction to get the slides in. If these solenoid valves are basicall 12 volt blocking valves ... be sure they are free reverse flow or you'll have a very hard time getting the slides back in.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote