Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Did Ya Ever??

come over a bridge joint so hard that half the clothes with the hangers in the closet jumped off the closet rod? I swear the Monty was going lift the TV off the ground. We pulled off to check the inside of the Monty to find nothing had moved. Of course the bedroom slide was in so we couldn't look in the closet and really why would you. Over the years we hit many such joints and nothing ever happened in the closet. When we got to the RV park we couldn't open either door more than 2 to 3 inches. We finally pull the dislodged clothes and hanger out and were able to get the doors open.
Sure am glad that Keystone, the Morryde wet bolts and Lippert reinforcing the frame and hangers was done before I ever left Goshen. Checked the under carraige and everything was fine.

A similiar situation did happened about 2 years ago when the cheap rod that came with the rig bent and pulled from the wall. I than replaced the bent rod with a heavy steel rod. The steel rod was not damaged this time.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote