Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2007, 09:40 AM   #1
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
West Point Lake, GA

We are still here at West Point Lake! BTW, site #33 is fantasic! We came down Thursday night and set up, stayed the night and went to work on Friday. It was slow at the store and it was storming, so we left a note on the door and closed up 1 1/2 hours early to get back down here! Friends of ours were here too and this afternoon when it got close to check out time, we were sitting down at the lake with our poles in the water. We were ready to hook up and head out except for closing the windows and slides. Dan looked at me and said, "I don't want to go." So we thought about it for a couple of minutes. The dogs and cat had enough food left out for them, we have clothes, food and drink, we could leave the sight at 6:30 in the morning, stop at the dump station and be to the front gate at 7:00 when it opens, and just take the Monty with us to the store and be there by 8:00!! What a plan!! So, Dan just went up and paid for one more night!! This is so awesome!! There is a beautiful breeze blowing and the coals are getting ready for the 2" thick ribeyes that we didn't cook last night! Oh, we would definately have no problem whatsoever fulltiming in this little luxury condo on wheels!! Happy camping!!
Lisa and Dano

P.S. Dano just told me what friends that were camping accross the road from us said when we pulled in the other day. He said that he had been watching what he thought were big campers pulling through all day, but when WE rounded the corner towards them, he thought "That things HUGE!!" Knew it had to be us!!

P.P.S. Our friends little boy, who was over with me at the Montana yesterday, said "Lisa,,, Why do you and Dano have a ladder on your house??" [:P](gotta love those kids!!)

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Lisa, we've not made it to camp at West Point Lake on the border of Georgia and Alabama but it's good to hear that you like it. You are at the Corp of Engineer campground, correct? Hope the fish were biting!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:31 AM   #3
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Hi Judy!!
Just got back up from catching a big old cat!
Since we've got the steaks on the grill, I put him back.
Got to go see if he'll fall for the chicken liver again!
We should meet up here one weekend!

Old 07-23-2007, 02:32 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sounds like a great place, Lisa. We'll definitely have to do a mini-rally there sometime.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:20 PM   #5
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Did someone say mini-rally? When?
Bob
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:01 PM   #6
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Oh my gosh!! We didn't get up in time this morning to hook up, stop at the dump station and get to the store on time!! So we are just now getting back to the campground!! They are letting us hook up and go home without paying for another night!! Dan brought Judy up at the front some flowers!! We thought about just staying tonight again, but we figured we'd do the same thing tomorrow! We're back here anyway in 2 weeks! Love this place!

Bob & Jan
Have you ever been here?
A mini-rally here would be fun.

Gotta go do my part in getting us home.
Love this aircard! See ya!

Lisa & Dano
Old 07-23-2007, 01:31 PM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Bbb, you can sniff out a mini=rally faster than anybody I know!! It would be a great place for us southeasterners to meet up. Won't be until late October for us but that's a great time to be in AL/GA.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:29 AM   #8
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Lisa, we have not been to that campground. Another place we might want to consider is Cotton Hill Park. It is a nice Corps of Engineers campground about 100 miles south of there on Lake Walter F. George (near Ft. Gaines, GA). There is a Ga state park a couple of miles away that has a real nice golf course.
Judy, the weather down there should be pretty good by late October.
Bob
Old 07-24-2007, 10:39 AM   #9
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Golf in October in Georgia sounds wonderful. We just got off the course at Wichita, KS. Hot! I'm sure my score would have been 20 pts. lower is the temp was 20' lower. Yeah, right!
Old 07-24-2007, 12:49 PM   #10
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Bob, Jan & Judy,
Cotton Hill is the best !! We spent last Thanksgiving and Christmas there. We were talking about this last night, because even though Holiday is nice, the sites would be wierd for a mini-rally and besides, they close at the end of September. But Cotton Hill on the other hand is totally perfect! We don't golf, but Dano and I could stick around and catch us some catfish for dinner and keep the fire burnin'! Ooooo! Shall we start something here?
Lisa
Old 07-24-2007, 03:46 PM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sounds like a winner. Needs to be one of the last two weekends for us. We'd love to join the party.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:45 AM   #12
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
I vote yes. Of those 2 weekends, the last weekend in Oct would work best for us. Weather should be beautiful by then.
Bob
Old 07-25-2007, 03:46 AM   #13
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I think we've got us a rally!

Here's a link to COE campgrounds in the southeast.

http://www.sam.usace.army.mil/op/rec/ We'll have to get our reservations individually but the cost to cancel is only $10.00, I think. The sites are only $20.00 per night, water and electric. Golden Age Pass price is $10.00. It's cheaper than staying home! 100+ sites at Cotton Hill.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:27 AM   #14
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
This will be great!
This link takes you straight to Cotton Hill's Page.
http://www.sam.usace.army.mil/op/rec...otton_hill.htm
The best place for our Montana's is on "Old Mill Road".
Sites 17, 18, 19 & 20 are right on the water's edge.
Site 22 (pull thru) & 23 are up on top of the hill.
Great view from up there.
If we could group in these spots, it would work very well.
I'm okay with the last weekend in October.
Always looking for a good enough reason to close the store.

Shall we start a new topic for this mini-rally?
Old 07-25-2007, 06:28 AM   #15
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I think we're going to have to look for a different place. I tried to book a site at Cotton Hill but when I put our length in the slot, it refused the reservation. Any ideas?
Old 07-25-2007, 07:07 AM   #16
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Judy, Was just playing around again on the site. We stayed in 25 last time. It shows that it's 31'and we fit ok. Front hung over a little, but we could still park our truck there. There is alot of space inbetween sites. There are lots of trees too. There was a Montana in 31 when we were there-they were great people (obviously LOL). I'll try and post some pictures here in a minute. How long is your Monty?
Old 07-25-2007, 07:46 AM   #17
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664

Here is how we were in site #25

This is on the water's edge

Old 07-25-2007, 07:49 AM   #18
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We're 37 feet. Looks like we could fit so I don't know why they're listings are so short. I would hate to get turned away.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:25 AM   #19
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Your model floor plan is not showing up on Keystone's site.
How many slides do you have? Are they on both sides?
Sites 30, 31 are listed as 31' long
Sites 32,33,34,36,37 are listed as 34' long
and right now are available for last weekend in October.
We have a little time to figure it all out.
Maybe Dano & I will take a run down there Sunday & do some measuring and picture taking.
I'll email you with info. Gotta love that air card! We had good cell service with Verizon there.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:01 AM   #20
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Our experience has been that most COE campgrounds usually are very conservative when they set maximum lengths. Nobody is going to come out with a tape measure when you check in. They are just covering their behinds. This spring we stayed in site 67 at Cotton Hill, which is listed as 32'. We are 35', and had plenty of room.

Lisa, if you go down there to check it out, please let us all know what you find out. Otherwise we probably should just roll the dice
and make some reservations.
Bob