Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Great Lakes Region
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2004, 06:08 AM   #1
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
MOC Great Lakes Chapter

I was just wondering if there is enough people interested in putting together a chapter in the graet lakes region, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, and any other of the near by states. If there is enough intrest maybe we can get something going and plan a couple of campout for the the spring of 2005. If any one is interested you can e-mail, me my address is in my profile. Roman

Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 06:46 AM   #2
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
How about Wisconsin too??? Would be interested especially if before or after Virginia rally, which we are going to make an effort to attend for we are anxious to return to Virginia.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 07:03 AM   #3
RonS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1316
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vickster

How about Wisconsin too??? Would be interested especially if before or after Virginia rally, which we are going to make an effort to attend for we are anxious to return to Virginia.
We are also from Wisconsin, and would be interested in a campout or two if the dates fit our schedule. Ron
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 11:08 AM   #4
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
Anyone is more than welcome we just don't want to get things so spread out that someone would have to drive to far to attend a weekend campout, but if you don't mind the drive you are more than welcome. That is the reason for local chapters, we will post all local campouts so any one is welcome. Roman
Old 10-19-2004, 05:21 PM   #5
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Since the Cheeseheads will need to come through Illinois (unless they come through the UP), you might as well add Illinois to the list. Especially if things are centrally located. There is lots of good camping around. Maybe it would be possible to have different people host at their "home" campground. Look forward to getting together with fellow MOC members.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:09 AM   #6
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Roman: Perhaps some of us folks from Ontario would be interested in your Chapter unless one gets going on this side of the Lake.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 04:58 AM   #7
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
I'd be interested in going to an area outing but 5 hours is the limit, anything longer than 5 hours away is too far for a weekend. IMO, epecially when you are leaving from work and have to return to work on Monday.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:15 PM   #8
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
I am happy to see you guys take some action on forming regional chapters. Keep us posted. Happyrving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:16 PM   #9
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
We live in west central Ohio and would be interested in a regional rally also. There is a big campground in Springfield Ohio that will accommodate a couple hundred units if anyone is interested, full hookup is $22. a night. Springfield is about the middle of the state and is easy access from I70 and inbetween I75 and I71. There are lots of campgrounds in Indiana and Penn also. A holiday weekend is not a good time to plan a rally, too many family things going on. You folks up north set up a meeting place this winter and see if we can come up with a mid place for a regional rally. Anytime after the holidays would be a good time, you think?
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 03:23 PM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Hey if Emmel's going to be there we will too. Steve is one of the best bonfire builders I have met. I personally think he's a frustrated arsonist.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 04:19 PM   #11
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
We would be interested if it is at the right time. As we belong to a camping orginazation we have state and national campouts to work around. But will try hard to make one. Maybe it could be a three or four day one.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:03 PM   #12
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
I agree that five hours is about as far as we would be able to go. It was about three to Pla Mor. If we get this started with a Midwest chapter, we might want to consider a caravan to the national rally. That would be cool to see 10, 20 or more Montanas rollin' down the road together.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 04:20 AM   #13
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
I agree it would be a site to see I just hope that it ia not to far away and that we will be able to make the next one, I'am suprised that there has not been more interest from more of the Michigan MOC members about starting a chapter in this area, maybe because the season is coming to an end, but if we want to plan anything for next year we need to start making plan pretty soon. By the way Terrie the logo on the sweatshirts we had you do looks great, maybe you can start on a logo for a great lake region, HINT,HINT, we will just see how many members are interested. thanks Roman
Old 10-23-2004, 01:04 PM   #14
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
We'd be interested in any information on any get together in the Great Lakes area. With work schedules and vacation time, we don't know if they'll coincide with our schedule or not?

Regarding Michigan members not showing interest I don't get it. I just rarely get to log on and participate as much as I'd like on the forum.

At any rate it's a wonderful idea.

Terrie really did do a fab job on the 1st Rally Logo. We love our shirts.

Samantha
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 02:07 PM   #15
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
We're from Michigan also and would love to do a Great Lakes area rally if at all possible. Please keep us posted on how things are going.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 01:23 PM   #16
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Any one going to any of the trailer shows in Detroit Metro area in November, December or early January??? Maybe like the Florida chapter we could meet at the show???

We would consider a great lakes rally/campout but agree with the others, about a 3 hour drive is a good distance. I know we are retired That said, with our schedules, you would think we were still on payrolls. Never bored, just busy!

A caravan to 2005 is kinda a neat idea, let's sit back and see where 2005 is scheduled and then revisit this suggestion.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 01:50 PM   #17
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We have been watching this thread, but have not said much because so much depends of when and where. In the right circumstances we would probably participate. I think it is the nature of these groups that they have to kept pretty loose. If something is put forward, those that wish to, and can, will come. The rest will be in the "perhaps next time" category.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 04:01 AM   #18
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
I agree, If we can plan a few campouts an move them around then maybe everyone will have a chance to make one or more, may be one one per state if that will work for enough people, that might be a starting point. Pattie what I meant was with Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana with so many members I thought there woulg be a bigger response quicker, But with everyone trying to get stuff done before cold weather get here and on the road to warmer weather maybe that is why more ppeople have not jumped in or like ontmont said just waiting to see how this going to work out.Roman
Old 10-29-2004, 09:58 AM   #19
Montana_440
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #440
We've noticed sno birds are gone for so long, they don't do much "camping".After leaving for months, they want to spend time with family & friends,& just enjoy being home.

For working ppl, a short drive is ok, but come Sunday, no matter what the weather is,they still have to drive home.A long trek isn't what they want to be doing. There's no way we'd drive thru 3 states for a wk end camp out. That's just us...others may feel different.We'll try to come, once we see the schedule.
Montana_440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 10:43 PM   #20
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
We would be interested if the timing is right. Just let us know!
Kim and Steve Gyuricsko and the golden (retriever) girls.
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote