Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2019, 01:06 PM   #1
bobbrus1
Established Member

M.O.C. #14492
Trouble getting support from Keystone

Looking for advice on how to get issues closed out for warranty between the dealer and Keystone. The dealer who is servicing our 3791RD is trying to help but Keystone keeps asking for something different each time. Right now we have two outstanding issues. One with the friction hinge that bound up so tight we had to remove the lower hinge by grinding off the rivets to even be able to close the door. The other is more of a nuisance but the seal in the stool still is not working unless you pull up on the stool handle with your foot.

Getting frustrated to the point I really wonder if we should have gone with SOB. The dealer is trying but not getting approval. I have talked with a customer support person at Keystone and now I get different answers in the same day on what needs to be turned in by the dealer for approval

Frustrated in Iowa

bobbrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:52 PM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Switching to the dometic 310 or 320 gets rid of the issue with the cheap tiolet. If you want to keep it and it's flooding risks, pick up some plumbers silicone grease to use on the ball in the tiolet basin.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:29 PM   #3
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrus1 View Post
Looking for advice on how to get issues closed out for warranty between the dealer and Keystone. The dealer who is servicing our 3791RD is trying to help but Keystone keeps asking for something different each time. Right now we have two outstanding issues. One with the friction hinge that bound up so tight we had to remove the lower hinge by grinding off the rivets to even be able to close the door. The other is more of a nuisance but the seal in the stool still is not working unless you pull up on the stool handle with your foot.

Getting frustrated to the point I really wonder if we should have gone with SOB. The dealer is trying but not getting approval. I have talked with a customer support person at Keystone and now I get different answers in the same day on what needs to be turned in by the dealer for approval

Frustrated in Iowa
Sorry I find your post kinda funny. Your "issues" border on fix it your self and forget it. Not really worth leaving a unit in a dealers lot where they could screw up something else. Another brand isn`t going to help either, different camper different problems and they will be there. If you want to see people with problems go to WWW.pissedconsumer.com type in Keystone, have a free evening to try and absorb things. Not trying to be smart either so Good luck.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:42 PM   #4
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
On the bright side, if those are the only issues you are frustrated about, sounds like a great RV day. An SOB will likely frustrate you as well..
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:53 PM   #5
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
What year is your rig?

What is the issue on the dealer/keystone? Are they covering it or not? Someone must be saying something to the dealer on the warranty work.

As for the toilet issue, I had the same issue and the dealer, under warranty just replaced the toilet...it was quicker. Today I replaced that one with a dometic 320.

Get to national rally in Goshen and show the techs.

And like another stated, gee, if these are your only issues thank God. My new trailer had a broken front end that Keystone repaired and then gave us another trailer.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:43 AM   #6
bobbrus1
Established Member

M.O.C. #14492
I wish these were the only issues. Most have been removed but these are late in the warranty period.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:44 AM   #7
bobbrus1
Established Member

M.O.C. #14492
The rig is a 2018 and the issue appears to be with Keystone approval

Bob
Old 09-05-2019, 04:56 PM   #8
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Not trying to cause an issue, but the problem is most likely the dealer. Some dealers know how to get approval to fix warrenty issues and others don't. This is our second Montana and the 2010 had some serious issues. Keystone reimbursed me for a non-Keystone dealer to do the work on one issue and took the other into the service center and fixed it. On the new one we had a couple of warrenty issues and my dealer told me exactly what pictures they needed and what to say if I talked to Keystone and again, no problems.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 05:13 PM   #9
Sdgood1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23720
Part of the game

IMHO this is just part of the game. IF they make it hard enough and confusing enough, a LOT of people give up and pay for it themselves. I personally have never dealt with keystone as we bought a 5 year old rig with no warranty. I base my opinion on my healthcare insurance and vehicles extended warranties. I for one keep hammering away and send what paperwork they want unfortunately my doctor just gives up and i don’t get the care I need. Just my 2 cent rant.

Steven & Denise
New to us 2014 3150RL
Chino Valley, AZ
Sdgood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:44 PM   #10
bobbrus1
Established Member

M.O.C. #14492
Well the good news is all the repairs under warranty were approved today. Not sure if someone was monitoring and helped out or the last day or pushing and asking for a three way telecom pushed it over the edge.

Once the parts get here we can get it all done
Old 09-11-2019, 02:12 PM   #11
deansue1
Established Member

M.O.C. #23342
I am having the same problem with my Unit keystone keeps saying my delamanting is Normal and not covered by the warranty it is a 2018 that is only 9 months into the warranty.
deansue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Wish we could help but we have never had a issue with Keystone customer service since 2006.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:59 PM   #13
prk7
Established Member

M.O.C. #18815
Send a message via AIM to prk7
While you have at dealers you should check for flex frame in front left side under bedroom slide. Major problem with most 3790/3791rd, from 2015 to current.
prk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:28 AM   #14
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by prk7 View Post
While you have at dealers you should check for flex frame in front left side under bedroom slide. Major problem with most 3790/3791rd, from 2015 to current.
Yep over on a couple of Montana Facebook sites there are many many people that have this issue, some have had good luck getting this fixed I did not after getting jerk around by the incompetence of CW so I fixed it myself, not hard just time a few materials a welder and a couple of extra hands and a couple of days work. The whole industry is joke, yeh "always had good luck with them". To bad Air Steams are so expensive with few floor plans. I had a smaller one when I was young and was stupid enough to trade it for a new problem coach.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote