Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2018, 08:04 AM   #21
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
The difference between the backup and observation cameras are the cameras themselves - they are different part numbers from Furrion. Supposedly the observation camera has quicker processing to handle the motion going down the road. My factory wiring has it powered by the tail lights so your lights (at least running lights) have to be on to power the camera. I had a previous SOB where it was powered all the time - I like it power off the lights better. If don't believe the Furrion cameras have IR lights - you may have a different brand and yes it sounds like they are powered all the time. Some of the units specifically planned as only backup cameras are wired to your backup lights if so equipped.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:52 PM   #22
happygimp
Established Member

M.O.C. #18438
I have a wireless backup camera from Tadi Brothers. Camera is battery powered and is mounted on my ladder. Works great!
happygimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:58 AM   #23
Garvinsd
Established Member

M.O.C. #21544
I just installed a Furrion wireless observation camera on mine. It came pre-wired for the Furrion but I discovered that while they installed the power plug on the rear of the camper, they forgot to wire it to anything. Climbed up with my trusty multimeter and verified no power with parking lights, driving lights or reverse. Since I did not want to drag it to CW and not see it for weeks for warranty work I wired it to the center running light (just above the Furrion mount) and it works like a charm. Only took me about an hour - worst part was working one handed on the ladder. Since it's wired to the running light and its an observation camera, anytime my lights are on I can see what's behind me. As a note, it will not receive power during daylight if you have your truck lights on "Auto" - they have to be on. Now I can see what's behind me when backing into sites and also see my wife when she forgets I can't see thru the camper
2019 Chevy 3500HD High Country DRW
Garvinsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:48 PM   #24
Gregg
Established Member

M.O.C. #21231
Had nothing but problems with TADIBrothers

I have a 2017 3721RL and wanted a larger screen than the 4.3" Furrion. So ordered the a wireless unit from TADI brothers. first one had the remote transmitter I didn't like all the wires in and out of the back of my unit. So traded it for the better one with the transmitter in the camera. they said I would have no problems. Wired it and first trip camera was without signal 75% of the time. So they sent me a remote antenna. installed it on the monitor no improvement. So I installed it on the camera and mounted as far forward on the roof as I could. minimal improvement. so they sent me a second remote antenna I have it on my monitor. I now have a picture about 50% of the time. now I get nothing but excuses from the call center. the Antennas are 38' from each other and both out in open air. Setting still in my yard it will go from 4 bars signal strength to no signal and back and forth. I am about ready to settle for the 4.3" monitor or go to the Rear view safety wired unit I had on my Sundance. I would not buy anything from Tadi brothers again.
Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:01 AM   #25
Randy and Lynn

M.O.C. #19729
My Tadibrothers camera was a problem too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
I have a 2017 3721RL and wanted a larger screen than the 4.3" Furrion. So ordered the a wireless unit from TADI brothers. first one had the remote transmitter I didn't like all the wires in and out of the back of my unit. So traded it for the better one with the transmitter in the camera. they said I would have no problems. Wired it and first trip camera was without signal 75% of the time. So they sent me a remote antenna. installed it on the monitor no improvement. So I installed it on the camera and mounted as far forward on the roof as I could. minimal improvement. so they sent me a second remote antenna I have it on my monitor. I now have a picture about 50% of the time. now I get nothing but excuses from the call center. the Antennas are 38' from each other and both out in open air. Setting still in my yard it will go from 4 bars signal strength to no signal and back and forth. I am about ready to settle for the 4.3" monitor or go to the Rear view safety wired unit I had on my Sundance. I would not buy anything from Tadi brothers again.
I installed the Tadi Brothers 3 digital camera observation system with multi-display monitor. At first I had issues with all three cameras. I checked my running light voltage at the rear and found a little over 11 VDC. I changed all running lights to LED's to reduce voltage drop. I then found my two side cameras worked flawlessly at a little over 13volts. The rear camera still had loss of signal issues with a voltage of about 12.3. Tadi brothers sent me a antenna extension for the rear. It made no difference. I soldered the connection for the rear camera at the middle running light so guaranteed to have a good connection. I then hooked up my Fluke volt meter to the rear camera supply and went for a ride. I set the Fluke to measure minimum and maximum voltages and found it ranged from 11.9 to 12.3VDC during the trip. I had a loss of signal indication on the monitor the whole trip and the side cameras worked flawlessly. Tadi Brothers sent me another camera for the rear. It didn't work either. After all of my trials I sent the entire $750 system back for a refund. The cameras are supposed to have a 75' working distance while traveling. I think they have misstated that because I have about 45' from my dash to the rear of my fifth wheel. Now I am pondering whether or not to fish wire to the front of my RV and in my truck so I can try a wired system. Anyone any hints as to how to route wiring will be much appreciated. Thanks
Randy and Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:14 PM   #26
Roadtravelers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19116
back up camera

We have a TADI brothers camera on the 305RL 5er WIRED camera Could not get a wireless camera system to work. Mounted a aluminum angle to ladder with gray plastic electrical box mounted to the angle and mounted camera to top of electrical box. Ran wires down the ladder to the right side of belly along the gas line to the front LP tank compartment then in to the forward storage bay and pulled wire to the king pin area, mount another plastic electrical box with quick disconnect inside box so the cord would reach to truck box. Ran wire to cab of truck Truck powers the camera Use it all the time running down the road Works great Great customer service from Eddie at TADI BROTHERS
Roadtravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:15 AM   #27
Randy and Lynn

M.O.C. #19729
We too have a 305RL and tried to get wireless to work. Eddie was also our customer service agent at TADI BROTHERS and was very good to work with. Thanks for the suggestion about running wiring down the ladder and along the gas line. I just may do that when we get back from a trip to Utah that we are leaving for next week.
Randy and Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:16 PM   #28
Route66Rambler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23433
Furrion now makes the S5 with a 5 inch monitor and the S7 has a 7 inch monitor. The 4.3 inch version is still available.

https://furrion.com/collections/cameras/Vehicle
Route66Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:57 PM   #29
Roadtravelers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19116
camera

If it ever warms up in eastern Iowa I will take cover off the 5er and take pics for the group how I installed my camera
Roadtravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:04 AM   #30
Dusthunt
Established Member

M.O.C. #23671
HAve camera need monitor.

Hello to you all today.
I have a bit of a different issue than most of these I read. I bought a 2018 Keystone Montana and it has a wireless back up camera. I believe it is a Furrion but can seem to find anything on it that says it is. My issue is I don't have the monitor for the vehicle. I can only find package deals with both monitor and camera on line. HAs anyone ever just bought the monitor? If so where did you find it? Also is there a way to be sure my camera is actually a Furrion?
Dusthunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:50 AM   #31
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Furrion camera should come with a monitor. Have you checked with your dealer?
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 12:19 PM   #32
Dusthunt
Established Member

M.O.C. #23671
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
Furrion camera should come with a monitor. Have you checked with your dealer?
The camper was used and they sold the camper with the camera in it but kept the screen I assume.
Dusthunt is offline   Reply With Quote