Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #21
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BB_TX

I am a little late on this one. But when mine quit early last summer I just soaked it with WD40. Has worked fine ever since.
Still have the old switch...next summer when I am sitting around with nothing to do, think I will give your fix a shot...then I will have two swithches in my parts bin!

CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #22
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
I agree. Everything has to work for me on my Monty. Guess I'm anal about that.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CamillaMichael

Two days ago I purchased a toggle/rocker switch from CW and was able to get over to storage today to install it...well, after getting it out of the package I discovered that the toggle/rocker switch did not (toggle/rock)! Feeling a little like OZZ where everything that can go wrong seems to be going that way, I decided that rather than wait for another day to attend to the switch I would go back to CW to get a switch that actually worked...since I did not have the receipt for the defective switch I will have to attend to that latter (not that it represents very much money, it's the principle). When I bring back the defective switch I will trade it out for a spare to add to my parts locker. Thanks to the input here, the install went fine...did use female disconnects to attach associated wires to switch...that way when (probably not if) the switch goes again, it's a simple matter of unplugging the old and plugging in the new. The fact is, I have not used this light more than a couple of times...just hate to have broken things. Again, thanks to all for your input.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #23
2Wanderers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9998
This is my third travel trailer and that fixture always gives me trouble. Usually can fix it with a little WD40 sprayed into the switch and rocker it back and forth many times. Eventually it will start to work. Easier than replacing the fixture or trying to find a replacement switch that will only do the same thing. Due to its location it picks up moisture from the road easily and the switch contacts get corroded. Between the WD40 and activating/deactivating it many times the corrosion is rubbed off and it works again.