Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
srclink
Established Member

M.O.C. #11016
Ceiling fan switch replacement?

My ceiling fan and light just stopped working. After ruling out the circuit breaker, the only other part in common to both light and fan operation seemed to be the large rocker switch in the main electrical panel. While trying to remove it, I discovered that it isn't a "standard" residential variety; probably because of the way it must be mounted into the panel with small clips. Also, the electrical connections are internal to the switch as I cannot verify the connection with a multimeter since the connections are not accessible on the outside. Does anyone have any suggestions about troubleshooting or replacing this switch without totally removing it and cutting the electric wire connections? Also, where can I find/buy this type of switch? Thanks.

-- 2011 F350 Lariat Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, AirSafe 25K hitch
srclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Stu, I had to replace some of my switches and recepts on my other Montana and I couldnt get the rv style here. I got shallow boxes with little tabs that swing out when you tighten the screw. After that I just replaced switch.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
Jim Dickey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7372
I got a replacement switch from our local Ace Hardware. They had to order it but only took about three days.
Jim Dickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
A local mobile home parts place may have the switch you are looking for. I got ours there.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote