Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2005, 04:53 PM   #1
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
new chair

We replaced the recliner with a new one this week. We may replace the sofa at a later date. This new recliner looks better, and for sure is more comfortable!

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:26 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am also looking into replacing the recliners in my coach. I would like to go with the flexsteel theater seating. These chairs are leather and have a center section for storage and cupholders. They do not recline back as far as the orginal recliners which is ok with me since the factory ones really seem to lay back either into the window or the curtain brackets and usually end up braking something. The flexsteel are not as wide as the original ones so they do not have to be moved each time you close the slides.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:05 AM   #3
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
We replaced our recliners with Palliser stressless recliners. Boy are they ever nice on the back. No more back pain when reclined. They have a built-in lumbar
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:45 AM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We bought 2 new lazy-boys in Tucson and love them. Bill is going to put a big bow around mine on Christmas Eve. Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:31 AM   #5
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
I'm still waiting for the day to be able to actually sit in one! LOL always seems to be something going on! I hear it gets busier after you retire....now there's something to look forward to!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:37 AM   #6
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dustytuu

We replaced the recliner with a new one this week. We may replace the sofa at a later date. This new recliner looks better, and for sure is more comfortable!
I wonder if the recliner that came with your rig was very light in weight? I was very surpised how little the ones that came with ours weigh. If so, did you shop light-weight ones and what brand/model did you replace yours with? thanks..
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:47 AM   #7
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dustytuu

Dusty I went looking for the picture of the chair in your photo galery, and saw my door in your group, HA HA we have the same Irus picture in ours to. put a picture of the new recliner for us to see what it looks like.

TT2
Old 12-16-2005, 02:18 PM   #8
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We bought the recliner at American Furniture here in CO. Don't remember what kind it is. It is not as heavy as the orginal recliner. I was sooooooo glad to get that thing out of there. This one is a wall hugger too. Has Micro-fiber that looks like suede. Beige or off white. I will need to take some pictures of it. We have to put the sofa back in. We had bought a love seat that matched the chair but took it back after sitting in it. It was also two reliners. It was not as comfortable as the floor models.

Trailer trash2, don't you just love your window stain glass? We like ours! Light doesn't blind us coming through that door window.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:50 PM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
There must be different recliners (grades) because we love ours and they are so much better than what was in our previous 5er. I have on order a stained glass insert for the door. I have helped design it - a parrot - what else. It will be here in March so we will have it in before the May rally. It is being made by the woman that was featured in Trailer Life a few months ago. She visited us in Minden at the Rally. Will take picts as soon as it is in.
Happy trails...............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 04:59 AM   #10
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
We replaced the original recliners with two very lightweight, leather chairs and ottomans from a company called IKEA in Seattle. They recline and are very comfortable and very reasonable. They were made in Sweden and even have neck bolsters on them and to top it all off all fo the covers will come off for cleaning if needed. There is a tensioning wheelon the left side so that you can adjust the ease of recline. We don't have to move them to close the slides, just set the ottomans in the chair and off we go. we really like them. Now to get rid of the couch!
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:42 PM   #11
Doug and Lorraine
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #123
We also replaced those God awful chairs with 2 lazy boy recliners. What a difference! To think we actually ordered the second awful chair and paid extra for it. Makes me ill thinking about it. Don't think of such things until you actually go to use it for a while and attempt to comfortably watch TV or just sit for any length of time.
Doug and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:00 AM   #12
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I have a question for all of you guys that change your recliners, the ones in my 2980 RL are not the standard size as a house recliner, so the question is this: the new ones have to be bigger than the original so when you put them in the transport position ( side ways and back to back ) then secure to the floor with the straps will the slides still close safely without dammaging anything.

TT2
Old 12-20-2005, 10:52 AM   #13
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Trailer Trash 2, every one of our Montana's are a little different so you will have to measure to see the maximum yours will fit. For us we bought much smaller ones than the originals. The originals measured 32.5" across and our new ones are 28.5". We were always rubbing into the rear blinds or ruining the facing on the slide outs because the fit was so close. Now we have 4" to play with. Works for us.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 02:06 AM   #14
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
I looked at Lazy Boys that are only an inch bigger than the original chairs, $475.00 each and could pick from many fabric styles. In our 2955Rl I'll just strap the chairs back-to-back and do not strap them to the floor. They have not moved once through brake test or even with my poor driving LOL.
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote