Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2005, 12:53 PM   #1
gitrdun
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4075
Keyes

I read in one of the other threads where someone had left their keyes to the rv at home. A quick fix. I purchased a master lock box for keyes and mounted it under the front of the Monty where the light is at. The box has a combination on it. I puy an extra key for the Monty in it, and if one of us or the kids leave there is always a key to use. I keep the rest of the keyes locked in the Monty. Cost about $32. Works for us. Purchase at Lowes, Home Depot or any hardware store that sells locks.

gitrdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:46 PM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
I don't know if it was me that you read about but it did happen to us, we was in town to do shopping and locked the keys in the truck, well my set was in the Montana along with the keys to the truck,LOL Walt got a ride to the RV Park and had to climb in the landery shoot to get to the keys.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:33 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Linda, when this truck came with one of those lock keypads on the outside of the driver's door I wondered when on earth I would use that. When I locked my keys inside the truck it became crystal clear.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:29 AM   #4
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
When we traded recently, we were loading stuff from one unit to the new one and had left the dogs in the truck with the engine running to keep the air on for the dogs. You already know what happened. The dogs managed to lock the doors and of course Vikki's purse was in the truck. First a moment of mild panic, then I remembered to call "OnStar". A few minutes later, we were underway. OnStar doesn't work for the trailer, but I keep two extra sets of trailer keys in the truck.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:29 PM   #5
Montana_1197
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1197
I carry an extra trailer key in the truck. After being locked out of vehicles more than once, I now carry a door key in my wallet. It won't start the truck but it will open the door. It's a lot cheaper than calling a locksmith or pop-a-lock. Also a reminder that the key that opens the trailer storage compartments is a industry standard and works about 90% of the compartments locks on any trailer. REKEY OR REPLACE THE LOCK CYLINDERS. As far as the laundry "entrance", leave the bathroom open a little and no one can slip in. Nothing is foolproof but why make it easy for a sleaseball to get to your stuff.
Montana_1197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 04:37 PM   #6
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Just a nice place to put the keys so it won't put you out in the cold again. Inside the pin box area, it's hollow, big, and the spiders will keep guard on them. you can figuer out what kind of container you want to put them in. I don't need to do that yet because I have at least 5 complete sets and always have one set in my pocket.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:52 AM   #7
RonS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1316
A magnetic key box works for me. Two for a buck at Wal-Mart, one with all keys in TV and another with all keys on 5er.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote