Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2005, 03:12 AM   #1
smoothies
Established Member

M.O.C. #1296
Pin Catch

I have heard and know people that have forgotten to lock the pin in the hitch and have dropped the trailer on the bed of the truck. I remember seeing a devise that attaches to the fifth wheel that will catch the pin if you forget to lock the hitch. Does anyone have the web site of this product? If it saves my bed just once it maybe a good investment.

smoothies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:36 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm not sure this is the one featured in the MOC discussion but this one came up on Google.

http://www.blueox.us/Bedsaver/bedsaver.htm
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:35 AM   #3
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Smoothies, we have one for our truck. It was really easy to install. Paul had it in and it only took 1/2 hr including taking the hitch part out and reinstalling it. It is called a Bedsaver and the cost through our dealer was $175.00. After reading what happened to one of the MOC members we ran out and got it. Only because we are prone to forgetfulness...LOL Here is the website and a video on how it works. Better safe then sorry.....Kathi

http://bedsaver.com/
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote