Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2005, 06:49 PM   #1
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Just a few things

Excitment is rising in anticipation of finally getting on the road with the following improvements.

Moved sewer hose holder out to edge of Monty and added a second holder next to it for extra sewer hose (this hubby got pvc,caps at Lowe's). Next he took an idea out of one of the magazine (can't remember which one)and added handles to the feet of the front jacks so he can lift the jacks into place without having to get down on bad knees.

To satisfy me he also replaced the kitchen faucet adding a sprayer and an all house filter under the kitchen sink, replacing the rigid plastic tubing. I am thrilled! In the shower I added a dispenser to eliminate the bottles.

Also added MaxxAir's over the vents. We had overload springs put on the truck as well, tried the trailer on it and have less squash and should get a better ride keeping the Monty more level.

Safe travels.
Lorraine

ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 01:01 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sounds like some great improvements, Lorraine. I saw the idea with the bicycle handle grip and thought that was really great. It must have been in a Trailer Life magazine.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 01:12 AM   #3
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Someone has been busy. Not going to have anything to do soon.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 01:35 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Some very good ideas.

I also added 2 sewer hose holders but being too lazy to build my own I bought the E-Z Hose Carrier at Camping World. I now use that silly little sewer hose compartment Montana put in as storage for all my sewer hose adapters and gloves. No more nasty sewer stuff stored in the basement.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 02:41 AM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Good ideas. Good work. Now, have a great adventure.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:49 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jack & Lorraine, good ideas, good post. I did the same as you, adding the second holder for the sewer hose. That lets me have a couple of different hose lengths to choose from. However, I now need to add a third one one of these days. Also, I removed the square box on the end of the original tube because the door tended to come open on the road. I replaced it with the screw on cap. The additional tube is set up the same way. Is this what you did, too, or did you put the square box on the second one also?

I didn't move the original holder, though, and wonder what you mean when you say you moved it out to the edge. Did you move it more to the front?

Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:34 PM   #7
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
I'm adding the sewer carrier from CW this weekend. However, the gasline goes from the rear to the front. I figured I would just put a 2x4 to the frame and screw it to that. Is this how everyone else did it? The 3400 didn't have any tubes, so I'll start with one. It's the 64"er, so it should hold two hoses with ends.

Glenn -
Do you put the adapters in a bag in the compartment or just loose?

Thanks in advance.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:16 PM   #8
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Steve, Jack moved it forward to the front jacks and also out the the edge (toward cargo door) of Monty so as not to have to bend down & under to retrieve the hose - he mounted both with a hanger bracket. The second one has the screw cap - the original one still has the square lock cap but if it breaks again we will replace that with the screw cap - he also has the cap with a wire lead in the event that it works loose. I would post pic but am unclear on doing so.

Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:56 PM   #9
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I had the sewer hose carrier installed right behind the landing gear on the coach. I like Glenn throw all my adapters and connectors in the main hose compartment as it is not big enough to hold two hoses. I will be having a second carrier installed this summer as I am starting to accumulate hoses. The dealership screwed the carrier right into the frame Rames14, it sure is not going anywhere.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:42 AM   #10
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Montana Sky -

It must be really forward. The gas line goes all of the way just in back of the landing gear on mine. I tried getting a look at some at the campground last weekend, but with the cold, there were only a few campers out and none similar to a Montana.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:23 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Lorraine. No picture necessary for me. I know what you're talking about. Those caps close very tightly on ours. There's no way they'll ever work loose. But having them attached is a good idea anyhow.

Ron, there was no piping in the way on mine so I screwed it right to the frame, using big washers to spread the load so it won't crack the pipe. Many thousand miles and no problems with it.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:57 AM   #12
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Steve, I don't think we have a "rame", hee, hee.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 11:24 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Oops, good catch, Judy! I just went back and changed it. Otherwise, our good friend Ron (rames14) might think I was attaching it to his family members.