Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2005, 05:41 AM   #21
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
my wife and I have an agreement. I drive and she stays out of the way! the only time she says anything is if it doesn't look right or if I'm going to hit someone or something! if possible I always have a spotter....just incase...I don't ever ask for direction, but just to make sure I don't do anything stupid!

BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 11:14 AM   #22
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
I am definitely picking up a lot of good tips…and a few laughs as well! Thanks to everyone for both! Hopefully, there will be a few more amusing tales to share about your backing experiences.

You know, when I bought my Prowler, slightly used, as the people before us bought it and THEN decided they wanted a slide room, it was in good shape except for one thing—a hole they had punched into the rear of the unit. Though I made sure that was fixed, it has always been a reminder to be careful when backing. Talk about a blow to the male ego!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 12:39 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Native Tex, we got a decent set of inexpensive walkie-talkies with permanent (?) ni-cad batteries AND charger for $30 at Walmart. Besides the normal channels they also subdivide the channels into 38 (i can't recall what it's called) that gives you many times more "channels" to select one. The extra choices comes in handy when in big stores and malls. You'd be surprised how many people in those places are using those things to get everyone back together when it's time to head out.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 01:12 PM   #24
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
everyone sounds like us when it comes to backing. well, I always tell my husband to stop about 3-4 feet before he gets to the house in our driveway. the last time he backed up our other 5er he kept going--you guessed it. I have accused him of never listening and now I had proof. Do you know what gutter nails hanging out of the back of your trailer looks like? I haven't let him bring our new Mountaineer home to our driveway yet, I don't think gutter nails would do the same to the fiberglass as the metal on the old 5er.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 02:15 PM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
BillyRay..how much longer do you expect to be married????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 11:16 PM   #26
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
I guess I could have worded it better than that!!! that's not how I meant it!!! what I meant to say is she is always out there lovingly helping my every move and I'm constantly thinking about how much she is always there for my every turn of the wheel with her constant love and consideration! is that better?

I usually don't have any problem, my main concern is the things I can't see. I worry more about some kid riding a bike outside of my vision! so I usually have her back there more to watch for those things and keep me out of trouble! she knows that I'm not new at this and so we don't miscommunicate, we only talk when necessary.....and you wondered why we've been married so long!!!!
Old 03-09-2005, 11:22 PM   #27
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
that's the problem with typing, your tone doesn't come through to show your actual intent! after re-reading my post it did sound kind of bad! but it wasn't typed in that way....better get that keyboard checked!
Old 03-10-2005, 02:15 AM   #28
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
BillyRay..I was just jerking your chain...It is obvious by your quick recovery that have been married for a very long time and will remain so.My wife, like yours is a kind and understanding person who is always ready to offer positive suggestions that might improve what ever it is that I am doing.(and I hope she reads this as it will be woth many points)
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 10:48 AM   #29
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
points....I don't know...probably can see through the B.S. could work against us! but it's always worth a shot.