Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Need repair shop in/around Houston or Austin

Our 3585SA has developed a major leak in each of two slideouts (in one corner of each slideout). We've checked the rubber gaskets to be sure they're in the right position, but other than that, we don't know where to begin looking for the problem. These are not just little leaks, with a damp spot in a corner. When it rains, you can literally see the carpet turning dark with water. The walls aren't wet, just the carpet. The problem isn't something that we can wait to fix, because we're seemingly in a monsoon pattern down at Matagorda (Texas).

If you can recommend an RV dealer/repair place in or around either the Houston or Austin areas, we'd surely appreciate getting your recommendation. We're also close to Lake Jackson, which might be another place to find a reputable shop.

Thanks,

Carolyn

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Crestview in Georgetown just north of Austin has been good for me so far. Other reviews I have seen show that they are good to deal with. DO NOT go to their original dealership in Buda. I did not like going there when I was looking to purchase a trailer and reviews for that dealer are not good. Crestview is a Keystone dealership also they are right off I-35..
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Camper Clinic II in Buda helped us find our leak in our 2006 3400RL. We had it to other places when it was under warranty, only to be told we didn't have a leak.

CCII fixed our leak, but it wasn't easy. They caulked everything, and I think it ended up being a problem on the jumbo slide and caulking on the roof area. Me thinks it should have been under warranty, but Keystone didn't see it that way.

Nothing worse than having a leak. Hope you have a good fan keeping the area dried out.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:52 AM   #4
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Thanks for the two good suggestions, so far. Steelpony, we are familiar with the Crestview in Buda, but knew nothing about the service department there. However, we were so unimpressed with the sales department that the one time we were there, we said we'd never go back.

The weather down here in Matagorda continues to be a problem. Today (Sunday) is the fourth day in a row that we've had torrential rains, with thunder and pretty spectacular lightning, and high winds off and on during the day. If we ever get a break in the weather, Wayne will be able to look at the top of the slides to see if a lack of or cracked cauking might be the problem. Still, we know leaks can be the devil to find.

Thanks again.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote