Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #21
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
Thanks John & Alan for the kind words, although I didnt have any KIND words when the leak happened. )

shovelhead86, before you take down your tank, you could borrow a Digital Inspection Camera to look down the toilet to see if you can see any buildup.

Do you leave water inside the black tank all the time? If not, you should.

oldelmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #22
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
A great job Oldelmer1.
Thats how I ruptured my tank the same as you, my flush valve was on and I walked away and Poof like a air hose disconecting.
It's a wonder how much the RV industry has been taking us owners to the cleaners for repairs. they would rather replace the tank and charge massive amounts of money for labor installing a new tank. but when it comes to there goof up installing the new tank and there money they can repair it the way you fixed yours, with the stuff Ozz recomended and what you used.
The test of your work, will be when you hit the highway hitting those dip and potholes. I hope that it holds because I want to get some of that repair stuff and have it on the shelf just in case.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #23
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
Don,
Yes, you are right, the true test will be going down the road in June to the N. E. rally in Lancaster. but I always try to travel with very little water in any of the tanks.
oldelmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #24
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by oldelmer1

Don,
Yes, you are right, the true test will be going down the road in June to the N. E. rally in Lancaster. but I always try to travel with very little water in any of the tanks.
Thats with me to, after the rupture, then the Gally tank when I got air. now I do them empty, I dump them at the RV park before I hit the road. the tanks are a light weight ABS not even a 1/8th inch thick.
I am also thinking about doing my vent pipe and the 3 inch drain with the No Hub connectors like you did on yours, it will allow the tank some movement without cracking the top where the vent and drain lines connect to the tank