Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Hurricane Irene

We are riding out hurricane Irene in Bangor, ME, at the Pumpkin Patch RV Park--a very nice park. We were going to Boothbay on Sunday but delayed in a few days for the weather to blow thru.
If you are on the East Coast/New England--where did you ride out the weather?

F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
alandaudrey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9011
Tim and Susan, it's a small world. We were traveling in the Mari time's and decided to come into Maine to ride out the storm. We are north of you at "My Brother's Place" in Houlton. This CG also is very nice.

It has rained on and off all day so far but no wind to speak of.

We will spend the Labor Day weekend at Pumpkin Patch so glad to get the report on them.

Maybe we will cross paths somewhere in Maine.

Happy trails,
alandaudrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
We were south of you at the Freeport Village Campground...love this place and the area.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:25 AM   #4
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
We rode out Irene at home. Lost power about 6:45 am on Sunday and as of this time, not back yet. Generator has been running since the outage began. At 7 am Sudnday, a large tree went over and messed up the triplex from the pole to the house. They fixed it at 1 am this morning! Not much sleep. The crew that fixed it was from Erie, Pennsylvania, about 300 miles away!!! The tree also took down wires that run up the property to neighbors, a lake property, and our town water plant. A neighbor stopped and cut the tree so I could get the truck out of the garage. I became worried about the Montana as it is parked in the yard about 30 feet from the first downed tree. Hooked it up to the truck and as I was leaving the driveway, Judy watched several trees above where I park it come down behind me. It spent the night at our fire station parking lot. No trees there.

This was the worst storm we ever faced at our home. Looking back, we fared pretty well. No damage, no injuries. Thank God!!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:29 AM   #5
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Glad you all made out OK. Good timing for you, John. Be safe. Our power was out for 43 hrs. but others around here are still w/o power...since Sat. night!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:09 AM   #6
Lee F.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10754
We rode it out at home in north eastern NY. Lots of rain and wind and we had no power from Sunday morning untill late afternoon yesterday. Trees down all around us but we only lost one apple tree and some branches. Still many thousands without power in this area. Flooding caused tremendous damage through the entire region and into Vt. but didn't affect us. Hundreds of homes have been washed away or destroyed, some almost 200 years old. The damage extends from the Catskill Mountains north along the NY/Vt. border all the way to Platsburg. The Albany radio station has been announcing road closures, and at one point it was taking about 20 minutes to read them all. Lots of injuries reported but so far only one death I'm aware of. Damage is estimated in the Billions of dollars. Who would have thought there would be this kind of damage almost 300 miles inland?
Lee F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:39 AM   #7
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
May God bless everyone that has been affected by the storm. I see courage here on the MOC and have heard courage from folks on the news. Let's all, who can, go East, Up East, down East, over East, and spend a little money to enrich their economy. If you are younger and stronger than I you might even offer a little physical help. I admire courage, faith, and hope in anyone. To associate with people of that ilk always helps me to again raise my own standards. Larry
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote