Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2010, 07:30 AM   #1
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Flagstaff FIRE

We are heading to Flagstaff in a few weeks. Any RV parks impacted by the FIRE?? Anybody got any info? I have not called the park we are staying at yet.

F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
The fires were allegedly caused by campers (don't know if it was RVers, tenters or backtrail) and I don't know in what location or campground. The best thing to do is to call the RV Park to get their take on their availability and best access. The problem with stories like this is that what is reported for one story, can change completely the next day, so the media can't be reliable through no fault of their own. This is just the nature with large area fires.

I did a quick search and have not found any maps of the burn area. I have read that anywhere from 1,000 to 5,000 residents had been evacuated but many are being allowed to return, but the storylines seem to be all over the place with as much as 20% containment.

It would be best to contact the RV Park since the reporting, as usual, is too general and broadbased.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:39 AM   #3
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
The Kit Carson RV Park on Bus 40 was not impacted by the fire also the Luke AFB FAMCAMP at Fort Tuthill is open. Black Bart's is east of Flagstaff and no where near the fire area. I understand that the fire was mostly north of Flagstaff in the Coconino Forest. Great weather there this time of the year.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:59 AM   #4
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
I would call first. Passed thru Flagstaff on Sunday and we spotted the smoke 50 miles out.
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote