Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2006, 12:55 PM   #1
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Changed bed cover and curtains

Did this in a hurry and going to get something different to redo the curtains and headboard.

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Dusty,

That looks real nice, I really like the kitchen area. We're trying to think of something to replace the blinds, we don't really like those that well. I thought I saw a thread on here just a couple days ago but I can't seem to find it now.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Thank you. We both did not like the curtains that came with in bedroom or the cover. Didn't like the feel of the bed cover either. Going to get something in green to redo the curtains later.

We took our curtains down in the living area and kitchen. Just left the toppers and blinds. We like that better.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:02 PM   #4
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Dusty, I changed all the curtains and bedspread and made a dust ruffle for the bed, I have yet to find something that I like for a head board. I am about ready to make new curtains again as I am growing tired of the green ones. Click on my picture link below and look in the My Montana album to see what I did. I also am looking for something to do with the Kitchen window as I do not like the blinds that are there.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:16 PM   #5
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Linda
I like your green curtains! Also I like your bedroom curtains. Your dust ruffle looks better than mine. Mine is not long enough. Got to do that over too. Seems like there is not enough time to get it right. Have our stick house for sale and have to keep it extra clean all the time for showing! We will be homeless for awhile in our Monty until we find a house in AZ. After our house sells.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:41 PM   #6
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
prairepoodle, like your dust ruffle.

Dustytuu, like the quilt!

I replaced our bed cover the first year along with taking down all the curtains - just maked new ones for the bedroom. Like the clean look in the living room and still have the blinds in the kitchen. I need to make new curtains again so guess that and a dust ruffle will be my winter project after we get back in October. I made full curtains over the dresser as I like a dark room. I also covered the windows by the bed with a thin foam craft sheet, made a cover for the sky light and a thick foam pillow for the vent. I like things that can be washed, not this dry clean only stuff! Haven't done anything about the headboard either just try to work with the color.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:32 PM   #7
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Dusty, I really like the quilt you choose ..very pretty.
Linda, I really like the dust ruffle and would like to do one for ours...did you use velcro?
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:21 AM   #8
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Dusty, I did not use velcro I have it thumbtacted to the top edge. I made it in three sections so if one side gets something on it I do not have to wash the whole thing.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:08 AM   #9
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
We love our no curtain look!>G>G>

I put my bedskirt on with velcro, ran the loop side on the bed side (Al stapled it on) and the soft side on the fabric, Also did it in 3 parts so it can be removed for laundry purposes. Was a project I put off for a while, but was glad I did it when it was finished.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 04:38 AM   #10
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Great ideas. We thumb tacked our dust ruffle on but it is a little short. I like the idea of making the ruffle in sections. Going to redo our dust ruffle this winter. And curtains to match.
I got the quilt at Sears. It is a king size and on sale for $ 40 dollars. I was a little disappointed in the sides of it. Had to put it on the bed crossways to fit right. We have a different mattress so that is why. It is much higher and is longer, thicker and a little wider. If we had the orginal mattress it would have fit fine.

I like things that can be washed too. I have washed the orginal bed cover several times and the curtains. In cold water. I didn't put them in dryer.
Dusty
Old 05-31-2006, 06:11 PM   #11
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Thank you for more info on making the dust ruffle in sections. I got a nice sage comforter at Target. I have all the other things stored in plastic here in the house. We haven't changed the mattress yet so a king fits just like I like it. Still don't know what to do about the headboard but will wait to decide to see if we are going to get a bigger unit.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
Old 06-02-2006, 11:30 AM   #12
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Ragdoll, you mentioned having made a cover for the skylight in the shower. How did you make it, what did you use, all those good questions! We tried using one of those aluminum backed screens, attaching it with velcro, but I think the steam from the shower kept if from sticking. It held up great when we went to bed (and didn't need it!) and fell to the bottom of the shower stall by the next morning when we DID need it! At least we have the double sliding doors (pocket doors) in the bedroom area and can shut the inner one. We don't like to do that, though, because if you wake up in the middle of the night to get a drink or use the loo, it makes such a racket if you forget it's there and you walk into it! Thanks!
CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 03:24 PM   #13
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
CanDo, I hate those aluminum shades as I had a bad experience in a car with it moving and melted the interior plastic by the windshield. This is what I did: the pink fairly thin insulation sheets you can get at Lowe's or Home Depot, I cut this to fit the frame, covering the sky light, next I got some of those big craft foam sheets (I used black as I wanted darkness) - you will need two, using craft glue I attached to the insulation - you can leave an over lapping edge. I next got sticky back velco dots placing on corners and several in the middle, press it firmly into place. It is rigged and has stayed in place through showers, travel of 10,000 miles and 2 winters - infact, I don't take it down except to clean. I did it as an experiment and want to redo it to look a bit nicer but we are the only ones that see it! I also think a thin craft foam covered with the craft sheets would work nicely - I cut one of those white foam ones to fit the door window, covering it with blue craft sheets, putting cats on the seams (another test run) backing it with foam sheets that have a 1 1/2 inch border, using tack-it attaching it to the door frame - keeps unwanted sun out plus light. I chose the insulation because of the heat barrier for the sky light. I hope this helps. If you are at the rally I will be happy to show you. So far haven't had a problem with it falling. Several things I need to work on for improvement to my test run.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
Old 06-04-2006, 12:46 PM   #14
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Lorraine, thanks for the info. I'll look around and see what I can find. We have both a Lowe's and a Michael's (craft store) near us, so I should be able to find what you described. I would LOVE to see what you've done, but we won't able to attend any rallys until after we retire NEXT summer. I'm retiring from the federal govt in May after 32+ years; Dave is retiring from teaching in June after 12 years (plus 25 years in the Navy). We hope our house is already sold by then so that we can hit the road. So while we may not make the Fall 2006 Rally or the Spring 2007 Rally, we hope to start making it to the rallys after that. Really looking forward to it!
CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:56 PM   #15
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Chris - sent you e-mail.

Safe travels.
Lorraine