Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2019, 12:08 PM   #21
Montajmahal
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23285
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaV View Post
If you saw the picture of my hubby and 3 of his friends that I took on a trip to a HD rally a few years ago you would have thought they were some outlaw bikers..but in truth, they were an engineer, a manager on Camp Peary base, a shift manager for the Railroad, and a guy that owns his own business! You slap some leather, some patches, some boots and do-rags on and put them on a Harley they just don't look the same! lol

Originally Posted by 1retired06 View Post
We have been rving or fulltiming since 1970. Never had any problems with anyone, never had anything damaged or stolen. Have meet so many wonderful people. Do carry. Years ago camping in the AZ mountains. Cochise Stronghold. Isolated. Nobody else there. Motorcycle group comes in. Not nice looking folks, tough group, classic look of Hells Angels, etc. 28 years in the Army caused me to pull out my handgun and put in my pocket. They built a fire, cooked food, and came over to our unit and invited us over for a beer. We went. Great time.
If you saw the picture of my hubby and 3 of his friends that I took on a trip to a HD rally a few years ago you would have thought they were some outlaw bikers..but in truth, they were an engineer, a manager on Camp Peary base, a shift manager for the Railroad, and a guy that owns his own business! You slap some leather, some patches, some boots and do-rags on and put them on a Harley they just don't look the same! lol

This can be Soooo true! Many years ago when I was in my 20’s I took a long lone bike ride north of Phoenix in the desert and came across a tavern with a bunch of HD’s in front. I was thirsty and wanted a cold brew so I stopped, got off my 1974 Honda CB550 and walked in. The place went dead silent and a very large leather bound, tattooed guy picked me up off the ground and asked me what I thought I was doing there. I said “I thought I was buying the next round.”

The place went loud with laughter, the guy put me back on the ground and bought me several beers. I made sure they didn’t notice the Saturday Night Special in my back pocket though.

True story.

Just for a point of relevance, I was living in my 1st Airstream at the time. Always found RVers to be generally great people, and not always what they appear to be.

Montajmahal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:06 PM   #22
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
People aren’t always what you think. Several years ago a friend’s daughter started going with a hockey player. I thought OMG why would this beautiful young lady be going out with a hockey player. I turned out he is a very fine young man, comes from a fine family. They now have three beautiful children. He is the general sales manager of our Ford Mazda and used car dealer and all without a collage education. He is the reason I usually drive Ford vehicles. It’s fun being wrong sometimes.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 03:00 PM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
Richfaa wrote... "I would say 90 % or better of the folks that live there are on drugs us included"

Richfaa, just what kind of drugs are you using? Legal I hope
55 and over community and I would say 55 is on the young side old folks take medications us included legal of course. High blood pressure, High cholesterol , heart conditions ,etc.

We have also in our many years of Rv/ing all over the country had never had a real negative experience. Never had anything taken,etc. IMO Rv'ers are among the friendliest folks around.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:20 PM   #24
Rsc373
Established Member

M.O.C. #18890
Shocked!!

“It is alleged both Mongiellos were intoxicated at the time of the incident.”
I’m shocked!!! (Sarcasm)
Rsc373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:45 AM   #25
Sparatacus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24110
Wow, the wife and I will kind of keep to our selves we do meet people and talk to them but we just keep to ourselves.
Sparatacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:45 AM   #26
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
The decline in civility is rampant in our society these days... no where no person and no time is sacrosanct. People are simply getting ruder by the day... Such bad behavior is part of everything we see and hear on the internet and on our media sources. No consequences are ever shown, in fact it is portrayed as amusing and we all watch with a "there but for the grace of god go I" perspective. Time to turn it off and talk with people face to face, to solve problems together, to agree to disagree... and be nice about it.

JMHO

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:59 AM   #27
RoadRunnerTR21
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20746
My wife has always been a introvert. I'm somewhat outgoing. More often than not I start the conversation with someone and she will then join in. There have only been a couple of times where we have run into issues with people while RVing. All in all it is extremely rare so I'm not going to change my approach or behavior. I respect you and your area and expect the same in return. Pretty simple.
RoadRunnerTR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:42 AM   #28
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggarView View Post
The decline in civility is rampant in our society these days... no where no person and no time is sacrosanct. People are simply getting ruder by the day... Such bad behavior is part of everything we see and hear on the internet and on our media sources. No consequences are ever shown, in fact it is portrayed as amusing and we all watch with a "there but for the grace of god go I" perspective. Time to turn it off and talk with people face to face, to solve problems together, to agree to disagree... and be nice about it.

JMHO
We pretty much disagree with all of that.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:15 AM   #29
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
the folks camping next to us asked us to go to the county fair with them. How rude is that?
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:37 PM   #30
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
the folks camping next to us asked us to go to the county fair with them. How rude is that?
It is still mostly civil and your example is clearly evidence of it. It does not take much effort to illustrate the rising tide of hyperbole and confrontation taking place in everyday conversation these days.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote