Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2016, 06:41 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
While that doesn't sound rignt, and even with our one sofa bed it is as flat and level as the master bed, the bar is still a bother. I read someplace that some long planks under the mattress might help with the bar but you still need a pretty flat bed, and we haven't tried it. Am I understanding your floorplan has TWO sofabeds. I would make sure whomever slept in it put their heads on the high side. I don't remember the particulars, but many years ago, I slept with my feet higher than my head on a backpack trip because I thought it wouldn't matterand woke up with a horrible headache that lasted hours, so I'd never recommend ANYONE sleep with their feet higher than their head. It's not worth the anguish.

Our floorplan allows us to remove the sofabed mattress and just put it on the floor right in front the sofa bed. Fortunately it's rare when we have guests who would use this. Some who stay with us also just set up a tent nearby and use foam or air mattresses and sleeping bags or blankets and the weather has been cooperating. Of course in all cases, if not level, make sure your head is higher than your feet.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote