Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2006, 11:01 AM   #1
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Does anyone own the 3295RK?

The Montana 3295RK is the floorplan that I feel would suit our needs the best (even though I would like a little bigger this has the features I feel I need). I need a desk for my computer/laptop as I work at home. I need the most counter space i can get and figured having the kitchen counters and dining table nearby would really come in handy when I need room to "spread out" with some of my work items. Also, I definitely want the washer/dryer setup.

Anyway, just wondering for those of you that have this floorplan if you have found any pros/cons, things you have changed or wish were different, etc.

Thanks once again.

Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:05 PM   #2
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
The 3295rk has worded out very good for us, it has alot of storage space and plenty of counter space, we like the fact that the television is not right next to the desk.Pam would like it a lot more if she was 5'8" instead of 4'8". But she has learned to adapt. Roman

2004 3295 rk
1995 F-350
3"down pipe&4"exhaust
k&n air filter
1st Moc rally attendies
Roman & Pam Bialecki
Ottawa Lake, Mi.
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:12 PM   #3
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Roman, thanks! Nice to hear you are happy with yours and the setup. I, too, was looking at the floorplans where the desk was not right next to the TV as I work all types of hours on the computer and I like it quiet. However, husband could wear our cordless head set for the TV like I do in our bedroom at night when he is trying to sleep.

I can totally relate to Pam's issues of being short too - I am 5'1".
Old 08-23-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
We love the 3295 RK I fell in love with the kitchen area and the fact that no one will be in there with me. I can do my thing! Don't get much use out of the Computer top, but underneath put a small freezer and it is a great place for a small Christmas tree. Hubby loves all the storage areas. Only 2 things that I would change. 1) more room around the bed and 2) little bit bigger toilet area w/a small window. I am ready to go fulltime, but hubby can't give up all the toys in the garage

John & Marianne
2005 3295RK w/Trail Air Hitch
2003 3500 Chevy duramax allison, 4x4 dualwheels
syplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:34 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ours is four years old now and we've lived in it fulltime for 3 1/2 of those years. It's a good floorplan and it has worked well for us.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'03 3295RK
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:40 PM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
We have long timed in ours, and we love it, same feelings about the desk not near the blue flicker of death (tv)

I have had 2 small scanners, and printer and lap top on that desk at the same time. When I need to spread out the papers I use both the kitchen sink and the kitchen table, and one of the chair seats. Gets messy when you are doing research!

Al took out the sliding doors next to the bed not long ago, and we are very happy with that change, we have the queen bed and it gives a lot more room on that side when making the bed, etc.

As far as the toilet area being larger, John and Marianne, if you have read the forum a bit, you know ole Carol will not close that potty room door again, when room is in use. I don't want a window in there, personal preference, and I have learned that with the door open it does not feel so closed in.

The 3295 is a great layout, not quite as open as the ever popular 3400, and it comes down to perfonal preference, what works for you, may not work quite so well for us.

Good luck in your choice, Wannabe Full-timer

Carol

Al & Carol Stevens Tipton, Mi.
Retired - Traveling with 4 Yorkies
Our Camping Rig History
Montana Improvements and Travel Reports
Our take on RV ownership, "Ya better be handy with your hands and handy with your cash."
2004 3295RK
2003 GMC 3500 Allison/8.1
PullRite 15.5K Super 5th
Line-X
JackRabbit tonneau cover
Bilstein shocks
Isolator Pin Box

Every day spent on earth is a blessing, every day spent in our Montana is a day blessed twice.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:35 PM   #7
Jim and Marcia
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2227
We've had our 3295 for little over a year and have used it quite a bit. We like all the storage and countertops it has. The kitchen is what sold us. I agree that it would be nice to be a bit taller for reaching into the top cupboards, (I'm 5 ft.)but I have a folding step stool which just fits into the garbage can cabinet along side the garbage can. For those REALLY HIGH cupboards, I have a folding 2-step stool. One does what one has to do!!!!

Jim and Marcia
Southeast Iowa
2005 3295RK
2006 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab, Diesel, 6 speed Allison Automatic, Line-X, PullRite Super Glide Hitch, Prodigy Brake Controller
Jim and Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #8
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
We put a spring loaded crtain rod and curtain under the desk and gave it to our dog as his house,so he can be a happy camper
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:06 PM   #9
Benniner1
Established Member

M.O.C. #4770
We also have used our 3295 for approximately a year and absolutely love it. The floor plan has been great for us. When we have the grand kids we move the table and put down an air mattress. That allows the 4 grandkids to sleep on the mattress and couch that makes into a bed. We would not change our floor plan even if we could. We also like the fireplace and use it a lot. Oddles of storage.
Benniner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:37 PM   #10
Diamond
Established Member

M.O.C. #715
We have owned our 3295RK Big Sky Montana since April 1, 2004 and love the floorplan. We are fulltiming in it and felt it had the most storage space for us (opted out of the fireplace to keep that area for storage) love the kitchen setup and all the counterspace since Ruth enjoys cooking, and liked the location for the desk also. Many people feel they will miss the second recliner in this model, but since there is typically only 2 of us in the rig, one uses the recliner and the other the couch. We also liked the openness of the plan and the idea of not walking right into the kitchen when you enter the RV. If we had to select a Montana again, we would still select the 3295RK, but as many have said before us in this thread - it is strickly personal preference.
Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:47 PM   #11
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Jack, thank you so much for your feedback. I too was concerned about not having that second recliner (like in the 3400) but normally it would be just my husband & I so I don't think it would be an issue for us either. Glad to hear you like the location of the desk too. I think I would as well. I had never thought about the not walking right into the kitchen aspect upon entering. I know I would like that too! It is encouraging to hear how happy you are with your choice. Your comment on "openness" kind of surprised me as I felt that most would feel the 3400 was more open (the other floor plan we considered but both of us feel that the 3295 suits our needs more) so it is nice to hear that you feel the 3295 gives you that feeling as well!
Old 09-21-2006, 04:57 AM   #12
doc

M.O.C. #2298
We owned a 2003 Montana 3295 for about a year. In April 2006 we ordered a new 3400. The reason we traded was because our 2003 model did not have the flat bedroom (no step). This in turn made the storage area under the RV smaller. These things plus wanting a second recliner were the reasons we traded. My wife liked the kitchen much better in the 3295 and feels it has more cupboard storage. She probably would trade back for another 3295 if it were possible. However I feel you have to live in an RV for several months to get used to the feel of a new floorplan, and we haven't done that yet. We will get to do that this winter when we again become Winter Texans. Then we will find out for sure.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote