Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2015, 01:16 PM   #1
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Southern California CG's?

This Fall we are heading to Southern California to visit our kids who just moved there. They are located just south of Riverside in a town called Perris, CA. We could use some help in finding a decent campground in that area. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks for any info,
Scott

PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:08 PM   #2
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
The only place we have actually stayed in Southern California is at East Side RV Park at San Dimis. However there are several parks with good reviews at Perris (PERRIS, not Parris), CA.

Meadowbrook, Campground Resorts of America, and Lake Perris State Recreation Area.

Only 10 miles away is Canyon Lake RV, which has the highest rating of all--a "10."
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:50 PM   #3
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
You might look into a Thousand Trails Zone Pass for your trip. There is a park just south of Perris about 10 miles or so. I think you get 2 zones for the price of one which is $545 a year. This is just another option.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:43 AM   #4
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
I called the Canyon Lake RV office for information and make a reservation. I advised the lady there that I have 1 dog, a Chocolate Lab. She said I couldn't make a reservation until I first drove there so she could see the dog first and that they only allow full bred dogs and NOT mix breeds. I told her that it was a full bred Lab and ask how she could possibly tell just by looking at it? She immediately copped an attitude and said she has been doing this a long time and she knows how to tell them apart. I almost fell off of the chair laughing.....I asked her if she was a certified & trained Veterinarian to be able to do this! I then told her she could forget making our reservation and I will stay somewhere else.

I ended up making reservations at the Golden Village Palms RV Resort in Hemet, CA. They were Very accommodating and wonderful to deal with!

Thanks all for the info.
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote